Denied! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-30-2002, 07:15 AM
Denied!

I cannot beleive this! My insurance company denied my TAH. They want me to take BCP for 9-12 months. I am so angry I want to break things. My doctor is going to talk to the review doctor on Thursday so they have not taken me off the surgery schedule. And I am going to send my doctor a letter today because he failed to include any "quality of life" issues.

Also, I had been having urine leakage problems when I coughed or sneezed. Then last week after my pre-op internal I started just leaking urine at any time, even right after I had gone to the bathroom. Fun, huh?

And while I'm at it, I suppose its all my fault for not starting on the sooner and continuing to ignore the problem. I know no one likes to have paps and internal dones but I had some things happen that made having anything done paralyzing. Now its come back to haunt me again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2002, 07:26 AM
Denied!

jreedmktmgr,

s

Insurance companies can be a big pain in the butt. I don't know the reason why you need a TAH done or how old you are. BCP usually help at least a tiny amount in most women, tho finding the right one can be a battle sometimes; especially seeing as how most docs want women to stay on a particular pill for 3 months minimum before changing or stopping.

I wish I had more encouraging words for you. Try and hang in there. Don't give up the fight.

We are here for you.. EVERY step of the way!
Unread 04-30-2002, 02:23 PM
Denied!

Amy,

Thanks for the support. I'm 40 so menopause is a long way off. My understanding is that someone went down a check list and I did not meet all the criteria letter and verse. My doctor will be talking with the review doctor on Thursday and I hope that may just maybe they will approve the TAH.

I'm very sad and angry and confused and depressed and blah, blah, blah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2002, 02:31 PM
HANG IN THERE!!

Just wanted to say that I am praying for you!! Your doctor should be able to straighten everything out, and get it all approved!! Keep us posted!!

's!!!
Unread 04-30-2002, 03:02 PM
Denied!

Jo, I like your tag line about the lemons. Maybe you could get a bushel of them and ask for a meeting with the insurance reviewer.
Unread 04-30-2002, 06:09 PM
THanks!

Thanks you guys! Your continued support gives me hope and strength. Although it does wane at times, the hope and strength that is. And if they deny again, I'll just fight. I'd rather not have to but a grils gotta do what a girls gotta do.
Unread 04-30-2002, 06:16 PM
Denied!

Hang in there Jo!

My surgery was scheduled in February for 4/8. About a week or so later, I got a call from my doctor's office telling me they had denied authorization and wanted further testing. I had to go in that week for an endometrial biopsy (and let me tell you that it was most unpleasant!!). I had already gone the bcp route and in two months of it, I knew it wasn't going to work. Luckily on 3/29 I got a certified letter informing me their decision had been reversed. My doctor's office fought for me and came through...there is hope!!

s
Unread 04-30-2002, 07:58 PM
Denied!

Jo,
I feel very sorry for you. Doesn't it really tick you off. I'm waiting to see if mine will be denied. I'm 30, need TAH-BSO. It makes me mad because most of the people reviewing these claims are med students. One of my friends told me this. She said some are pre-med and don't eeven know what they're reviewing. Good Luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Melissa
Unread 04-30-2002, 08:10 PM
Denied!

You must agree that the insurance company is doing its job which is not to pay the claim. At least that is what I keep telling my billing and coding students. And you are soooo right. The person reviewing the information is usually not even trained to understand medical lingo. They took the job because it paid better than Burger King. How infuriating!!!!
Unread 05-01-2002, 04:29 AM
Denied!

Keep bugging them!!! Insurance companies definitely will take the no pay route. Your doctor will probably be able to get the approvals you need!

You and I are neighbors! New Market is about 30 minutes from my house. Where are having your surgery?

Dor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register