She'sss Baaaaccccckkkkk | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

She'sss Baaaaccccckkkkk She'sss Baaaaccccckkkkk

Unread 04-30-2002, 10:19 AM
She'sss Baaaaccccckkkkk

A Great Big Heidi ** to all my sisters out there!!
I have been home for a week now and things are going pretty good. In fact I feel really good today but Im faking it so grandma will keep doing the laundry (Im so bad)!
To be totally honest I must say my hospital experience was not the best. They seemed under staffed as far as the nurses went. I was on the OB hall and a woman had triplets and there were 3 emergency C-Sections, so I was kind of last on the list (but I did not mind so much when I heard all those babies crying, I was ssooooo glad they were'nt mine )
I was on a morph pump but I found out later that the pills were MUCH more effective once I was off the pump. My biggest problem the whole time was nausea, my stomach is sensitive anyhow so I figured all the antibiotics and other drugs were the cause of that! I stayed in the hospital 2 1/2 days and felt immdeiately better once I arrived home and was in my own bed! I had one hot flash in the hospital right before I got my hormone shot and 2 tiny ones since I have been home and thats the only hormone effects I have noticed so far. I will say that the most amazing thing is that once I was fully awake after the surgery, I could honestly already tell a difference in how my abdomen felt. You dont realize what you have been living with until its gone. It just felt smooth inside and good. There was no more pulling or tightness or any such thing.
Im so glad its over with and I just want all the 'Ladies in Waiting' to know it will all be worth it once its over and done with so stay strong and keep the faith!!

Your Sister,
Shay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2002, 10:25 AM
She'sss Baaaaccccckkkkk

Hi Shay!

Wonderful!!!

My surgery is May 17, and I am definitely getting more nervous the closer it gets. I am also having a problem with insomnia and my stomach. I'm just chalking it all up to nerves!

Your post was great! Definitely giving me peace of mind!!

D.
Unread 04-30-2002, 10:27 AM
Welcome Home

Shay,

So glad you are home and feel well enough to give us a report. I'm especially glad they didn't mess with your sense of humor. I love the fact that you are faking so someone else will do the housework. LOL. That's allowed, I'm quite sure.

I was wondering if they would have me on the OB ward. I wouldn't mind. It would be an incentive to take a walk down and look at the newborns, I think.

That's just what we want to hear--that it is worth it all to have the surgery. Thanks and take care.

Nancy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register