I Did It !!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Did It !!!!! I Did It !!!!!

Unread 04-30-2002, 10:59 AM
I Did It !!!!!

Hi to all my sista's....
I did it.... I cant believe I did it.
Just got home........... was at castle for 24 hours.

I was such a scared mess . so afraid of wakingup in pain......... and here is the honest truth........ when I woke up it felt like I had to go pee real bad...... that kind of pressure... about a number 3-4........ on the 1 -10 scale.

Just sore rest of day and today........ sore NOT pain.
Taking pain meds, but it really doesnt take away the soreness......but it might be doing somegood, and I will continue for awhile more.......... cuz the buzz is nice.. lol

I dont want to jinx things, but from my perspective, it was no big deal........... NOTHING like what I thought.
I do knoow it was major surgery and planon totally taking it easy............ I will do everythign right...

Cant wait to hear from all my other "date mates"..
xoxo DonaFay

Your support really helped me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2002, 11:14 AM
HI Donna Fay

Welcome Home. I am so glad to hear you are doing well.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the other

Don't forget your training now and take it real easy.

Unread 04-30-2002, 11:16 AM
Welcome back

Thanks for posting such an upbeat report.

Good job. Go ahead and enjoy the pampering, though. You earned it!

p.s. How were the brownies?

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2002, 12:38 PM
I Did It !!!!!

Yay!! You're home! I just logged on taking a chance you'd be here, and you are!! So, so very happy to hear it!

Glad you plan on taking it easy! I go in tomorrow, had a couple of meltdowns today, but keep thinking in 24 hours the worst will be behind me--I hope.

Take care, rest up, and hopefully I'll be "talking" to you by the end of the week!

Unread 04-30-2002, 12:39 PM
I Did It !!!!!

Not to worry I will take things very very slowly I want a smooth recovery... so what IF I get bored, I am staying put in bed.
YIPPIE.............. I made it to the other side.
LIW........ if any of you dont know, I was/am the biggest baby.. even my doctor somewhat mentioned it today..lol
I asked him... surely others were as scared as me, he said, Iam sure they were BUT none verbalized it as much... OH WELL!
The point I am saying is.......... I wish I could have believed ever so slightly that it was not this horrible barbaric thing I was going to experienc. Others told me , but I couldnt stop myself from my own mental pictures.

I doubt my words will really impact you either.......... boy IF only I could spare you some of the fears/anxiety you are feeling....

Thanks to all the ladies who supported me, I will do the same for others as well.
xo DonnaFay
1 day post op.......... and cant believe I did it!
P.s. Special thanks to my boyfriend and mom, who help me so much to find courage too.
Unread 04-30-2002, 12:42 PM
I Did It !!!!!

Hey, is it really that great or do you have some really good drugs there? You "sound" wonderful!! I've had to read your note over and over again. Now I'm crying happy tears.

Unread 04-30-2002, 12:44 PM
I Did It !!!!!

Donduck,
I wish with all my heart that I could sprinkle what I now know onto you.............. I was so miserable the day before.... for NO reason at all !!!
I will be there is spirt with you, I promise!
xoxo DonnaFay

There is NO comparison, the wait and the surgery.......... by far the wait is what is barbaric!
Unread 04-30-2002, 12:45 PM
I Did It !!!!!

DonnaFay, doesn't your crown look purty?

I'm glad you are doing well, didn't I tell you that the waiting was the hardest part?

Don't forget your training, rest, walk, drink and rest some more. Visit us on the post-op board when you feel up to it, take your time, we'll be there waiting for you.

Sara
Unread 04-30-2002, 12:53 PM
I Did It !!!!!

Yes Sara you did........... but did I listen? NOOOOOOOOOO lol
Donduck, NO I am not on pain meds at the moment... gonna take one soon ...... cuz I still am a baby.. lol

Teddy and Shelly, thank you both for you kindness andsupport too..
Unread 04-30-2002, 12:59 PM
I Did It !!!!!

DonnaFay--You've made my day sweetie!

I'll be going off the computer in a few minutes, but will be back on as soon as I can. Maybe when the nurses are busy, I can sneak into their station and . . . .

Bless you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register