I Did It !!!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Did It !!!!! I Did It !!!!!

Unread 04-30-2002, 01:12 PM
I Did It !!!!!

DonDuck,
You be sure to write as soon as you can!
I'll be therewith you in spirit
xoxox DonnaFay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2002, 01:24 PM
I Did It !!!!!

Welcome to dom Donna Fay!!!
Unread 04-30-2002, 01:42 PM
You made it!

Hi Donna:
So glad you're home! I knew you could make it thru this - and you did, with flying colors! (Who's a baby? I thought I was the biggest ! )
By the way, were you on any pain meds immediately post-op? (PCA pump or percocets?) Just curious, since you were worried about that part...(aren't we all?)
Don your crown and bask in bed! Ain't it grand that it's finally over!

Marisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2002, 02:07 PM
I Did It !!!!!

Marisa,
I do believe they gave me demeral twice in IV, didnt have a pump.
Then after that got vicoden last night and today. Which I really dont think does that much..... but i'll still take it, haveing a buz over soreness works for me.. lol

Soreness is still there, but buz makes up for it.. lol

take care
xo DonnaFay
Unread 04-30-2002, 02:12 PM
Welcome home!

DF,

I'm so glad to hear all went well. Now, it seems to me like you are on the computer a lot. I'll assume you are in bed on your lap top. If not, get back to bed! How was that for the pillow police or was it pillow patrol?
Unread 04-30-2002, 04:59 PM
Welcome back

Welcome back Donna Fay. You're castle experience sounds pretty good. Now if I could just get the barbaric thoughts out of my mind.
Take good care of yourself! Was your pain level seriously a 3 or 4?? That's great!!!!!
Sending Healing s
Sandy
Unread 04-30-2002, 05:06 PM
I Did It !!!!!

((((DonnaFay))))

Welcome Home, Princess!!

Oh, I am soooooo glad that everything went well and that you are home being a very good princess. I know you were very scared and my heart went out to you.

I'm so relieved to hear back from you that you are doing well and the worst part is now behind you!

Now you can exhale.

And you can rest, relax, and enjoy a nice, smooth recovery!

(((((HUGS)))))
Unread 04-30-2002, 05:10 PM
Donnafay

YAY!!!!! Welcome to the other side. I so knew you would do it and do it well. So glad that it all went well and that the pain level is good. NOW rest and rest, you are doing so well now. No doing anything that you shouldn't, listen to your body. You did real well and we are so proud of you. Wear your crown with pride. Take care hugs Vicki
Unread 04-30-2002, 06:26 PM
I Did It !!!!!

Thatnks Vicki and Toneces.......... yes I was scared beyond belief!
I thank you both for your incouragement...
Jreed, Yes I am in bed......... with keyboard and monitor are right here............ long keyboard and mouse cord..

Sandy,
Yes the soreness not pain ...........was at a 3 or 4........ okay today its more sore......... stiff and achy...... think of it like the day after you did some excercise you are more sore than the day you did it.
I just had a bout with gas and nasua (from not taking meds on full stomach)......... still wouldnt call it anything like the barbaric thoughts I imagined.

Nothing a good nap didnt correct..

Thank you both too for such support.
I never could have done this with out this site and all of You!
xoxo DonnaFay
Unread 04-30-2002, 10:29 PM
I Did It !!!!!

DonnaFay << Cant wait to hear from all my other "date mates".. >>

Well DonnaFay, I too made it home in just 24 hours and I'm really feeling great! Had a supra-cervical on Monday at 10am while under a spinal block, and I was awake enough for the surgeon to show me my uterus and HUGE fibroid! I spent Monday night feeling a bit nauseous from my morphine pump, so I stopped using it around midnight. At 7am my catheter and IV were removed, I was able to pee on my own, I started passing the infamous 'gas', and after a breakfast and lunch of exotic clear liquids, I was sent home. Since getting home I've been hitting the Gas-X, Advil, and Colace, and I'm really feeling improved.

I won't be running marathons any time soon -- or even running up the stairs -- but I'm thrilled with how well everything went. And mostly, I'm just glad it's over. The waiting -- and the stress I put on myself during the wait -- really was the worst of it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register