A long day at the hospital | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A long day at the hospital A long day at the hospital

Unread 05-01-2002, 01:08 PM
A long day at the hospital

It was a long day. I started off first thing with the scan. Thank you for your reassurances on this, it was not as scarey as I thought it might be. The man doing it gave me a running commentary, and I was happy to hear - uterus normal, right ovary normal, left ovary hasn't come back (ha ha!, a joke I could have done without at that point), but then there was an 'oh don't know what that is'. My heart lept into my mouth and I went into panic mode. He must have sensed this because he then added that it didn't look like a tumour but didn't know what it was. It was on the left hand side where I had had my ovary removed and about 1cm across. Of course all I wanted to know was what the hell is it.
I then had a long 2 hour wait to see my consultant. Fortunately the long wait meant that he had the results of my scan which I didn't expect. He didn't seem at all concerned about the results and seemed to think that it was scar tissue left from my surgery and didn't think there was any need to change the plans for hysterectomy at the end of the year. Boy I hope hes right. My mind is now changing yet again for about the hundreth time because this has really panicked me.
I then went off to have more blood taken for CA125 test. Everyone seems to have problems finding my veins and I came out with a purple arm yet again! The results from this should be through the end of next week, and my consultant will phone. It will either be come in straight away or see you on my next scheduled scan on July 31st.
So my prayer at the moment is 'Please don't let it be elevated, let it be scar tissue'
I am taking the attitude at the moment that I have to take strength from the fact that my consultant wasn't concerned, but that niggling thought is still at the back of mind.
Thank you again for the wonderful support you give here, just writing about my days adventures makes me feel a bit better.

s to you all

Belinda x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2002, 01:58 PM

Hi there Belinda, glad to see that it wasnt as bad as expected.
Just try to remember that the Dr specializes in this and reads scans everyday and they usually know what they are looking at The wait will be the worst time but remember you can come and wait with us. sending lots love during the wait for results x x x
Unread 05-01-2002, 03:43 PM
That Was a Long Day!

Keeping my fingers crossed for good news on the CA125. The doctor knows from experience what's there and remember that scar tissue is common with any surgery (I have tons of it). The doctor wouldn't have said that unless he was sure. Waiting is the worst! I usually go almost nuttier than I already am and it doesn't help--but I still do it. With every good report I get something special for myself like a and recommend the same for you and evderyone. We know how it can be--come back anytime you need to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2002, 04:28 PM

GLAD YOUR HOSPITAL VISIT WASN'T TOO BAD.

PRAYERS FOR GOOD TEST RESULTS TOO.
ALL WILL BE FINE.

HEY MARGARET IS GETTING PRETTY JAZZY WITH THOSE LITTLE
SMILY THINGS, DON'T YA THINK??
Unread 05-01-2002, 04:31 PM

s Belinda

Sounds like it all went pretty well. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a low ca125 reading. Let us know how it goes.

karenann
Unread 05-01-2002, 07:18 PM

{{{Belinda}}}

So glad to hear it went well. Here's hoping for that good lab work!

Unread 05-01-2002, 07:49 PM

{{{Belinda}}}

I am praying for you that your lab work is good and within range. Terrible to have scar tissue, but it's a good thing in your case.

So glad you came here and shared your day. It feels so good to talk about all these things, doesn't it? Kinda clears the mind so we can sleep better. You have many friends here and we all know how scary this stuff is so we are happy to hear when you have a good day, too.

Prayers are being sent your way.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 05-01-2002, 08:09 PM

I'm sending up prayers to the ovarian angels for a normal CA 125.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register