For anyone in NJ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

For anyone in NJ For anyone in NJ

Unread 05-01-2002, 08:25 PM
For anyone in NJ

I live in NJ and have been hearing horror stories about St. Peters hospital. I was wondering if any one went there. I am scheduling a TAH/BSO due to fibroids, adeno, endo and PCOS. These stories are really frightening me. I was told that they wouldn't allow my daughter who is 8 to visit me and that I would be calling for my pain meds for hours before their would be a responce. Pretty much no care at all. I never was admitted to that hospital so I don't have anything to compare it too. My daughter would fall to peices if she could not see me. She had ADHD and is on medication for it but she is very attached to me. She knows how sick mommy has been and she knows I am going to have surgery to "fix"it. She is looking forward to "taking care of mommy" if she can't come to the hospital it would crush her. I am sorry this is so long but I am now having second thoughts about going to the hospital. (the only one my doc will do the surgery in) Any info on this hospital would be really great.

I am so sorry this is long! I love this site it has been a godsend for me.

Rose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2002, 09:47 PM
For anyone in NJ

I found a link to a St. Peter's Hospital in New Jersey. Is this the hospital you're worried about?

http://www.saintpetersuh.com/About/about.html

Quote:
The Hospital is known for its quality care. The Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) has accredited Saint Peter's with commendation four times in a row (most hospitals are lucky to receive it once!). In 1998, Saint Peter's received certification as a Magnet hospital for nursing excellence from the American Nurse Credentialing Commission. Only 15 hospitals in the nation have received the coveted Magnet designation. Saint Peter's is also a member of the exclusive C-WISH organization, the Council of Women's and Infants' Specialty Hospitals.
This seems to be a reputable hospital. Talk to your doctor about your concerns. Visit the hospital and see for yourself if the patients seem well cared for. Perhaps if you see for yourself what kind of hospital this is you'll put your mind at ease.

Best wishes,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register