can not focus - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

can not focus can not focus

Unread 05-03-2002, 06:19 PM
can not focus

Hi Shawna, Lisa, April and Liz,

Karen is right - Hystersisters is a good addiction. I didn't find us until the night before my surgery. The waiting is hard, but I think it helps to be able to talk to others who understand what you're going through. This is a great support site.

If I could get away with it, I'd probably log on at work, too

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2002, 06:34 PM
Finals!

I thought I was the only one here crazy and unlucky enough to be going through this during finals! I'm in law school - have 2 finals finished, neither of which seem to have gone well, and a take home final and a paper due by May 10th.

It's so hard to concentrate! I'm usually a very focused individual. That's how I've gotten through the problems in my life until now --by just focusing on the most pressing problem, then on to the next. But as my mother says, at this point, it's not "one day at a time, sweet Jesus" but "one thing at a time". And I'm having a lot of trouble doing that.

I know that this will all turn out just fine. I've had major surgery before and recovered. As everyone else has said, it the ****ing waiting that will get you!

Since I couldn't schedule my surgery until after May 23, and my doctor then went on vacation, I'm in this waiting hell until June 18. I would appreciate prayers for strength.

Thanks.
Unread 05-04-2002, 06:25 AM
can not focus

Hi Shawna,
We have the same date and I am in TX too Medical Center of Plano is where I'll be. Maybe we'll run into each other!
Best of wishes on your surgery.
Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2002, 07:45 PM
Waiting, waiting, waiting........

I found out I needed a hyst on March 25 and that the earliest I could schedule it was June 10! I am still waiting!

Last night I had a dream that I went to the dr's office and someone asked me just WHAT I thought I was doing to my body. I just got up and left. That was right before I woke up. Was that my subconscious talking, or what!?

Yeah, the waiting is the worst part!

Good luck to all those Ladies in Waiting and many s to you all!
Unread 05-04-2002, 09:52 PM
Focus is a Struggle

I had a day of running around, plus family visiting. It is now 12:39 AM EST. I haven't had a chance to go to Hystersisters today, I just couldn't stay away from this site for an entire 24 hrs.

I also think that another reason that we are hooked on this site is because, at least for me, I am getting input from others that are waiting, as well as, others that have had surgery. Before I found this site, I ran into too many "experts", you know, the "experts" who know better than your Dr. Even though I really don't care what anyone says, I get tired of hearing their "advise"!!!

At least that sums it up for me!!! LOL There is a wonderful bond between us, and quite frankly, you do not find that very often anymore. At least I speak for myself, and since I have found this, I do not want to let it go!!!

Take Care and God Bless!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register