Surprise!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-03-2002, 11:41 AM
Surprise!!

I came home from work mid day today to find a package addressed to my dh. I really did not even notice who it was from, as it also had his company's name on the address label.

Well, when I told him, he knew what it was--then I looked at the address label and saw it was from hystersisters.

He got me the package with the crown, book, mug and night shirt. I was moved to tears. He knows I'm on this site all day long, but I didn't realize he knew how important it was to me. I coudn't justify buying those things for myself, but he obviously can.

He included a note promising to pamper me and I know he will. I just had to share. And now I'm going to go read 'Through the Land of Hyster.'

Here's wishing a husband/SO as wonderful as mine for all of you.

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2002, 11:50 AM
Surprise!!

What a wonderful, thoughtful husband you have!!! I can tell you from expierence, it makes all the difference in the world for post op princesses. My husband has been a gem. At the beginning, he would even hold my stomach so that I could blow my nose. 2 1/2 wks post op he is still there for me with whatever I need and sometimes surprises me with things I don't need. Ya got a keeper.
Unread 05-03-2002, 11:51 AM
Wow!!!

What a wonderful guy!!! Does he have a single brother by any chance?

Enjoy your new Hysterpackage! That book is wonderful!

Lisa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2002, 12:49 PM
Surprise!!

What a great guy! Do we have crowns for our great guys?
Unread 05-03-2002, 01:00 PM
Surprise!!

Mine started out rough....he didn't want to 'make my decisions'. After explaining that I would NEVER allow that to happen, but I NEEDED his opinions - things have progressed nicely!

He's been so very concerned & supportive with everything....has already scheduled 2 weeks off from work & I even overheard him tell one of his buddies, that he won't be fishing until after 'all this is over.' That may not mean much to you - but it means a LOT to me!!!

Oh yes - crowns are in order.

He wipes my tears....he holds my hand...he helps with whatever I ask...he backs my opinions (even if they're wrong sometimes) - & we haven't had the surgery yet!

I'm sure I could do all the things I do without him - but he sure does make everything go that much smoother!

Thank you hubster
Unread 05-03-2002, 01:12 PM
Jeez

I read your post and started crying! (aren't hormones great?) That is so unbelievably sweet of your husband. My normally sweet and understanding husband has been standoffish.. and even "not nice" at times. I have read what others have wrote and even talked to my husband about it.. and apparently his behavior is because he is scared. Hmm... (can't he just say that?) So maybe your husband can email my husband and tell him how to behave!! *punch* he he.

Well.. we can try... right?
Unread 05-03-2002, 01:30 PM
Surprise!!

Nancy, Thank you for sharing such a great story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He is great!I too am blessed my husband has been wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!Well take care. Angela
Unread 05-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Surprise!!

I'm with Shashi! Does he have single twin brothers? (She asked first!)

How lovely to have that level of support and thoughtfulness. I'm single because I'd rather be alone than have a man who was any less than that.

You are a lucky woman indeed!

Cecee
Unread 05-03-2002, 06:03 PM
Surprise!!

Nancy, wow!! You are lucky!!

How sweet!! I got all misty eyed reading that...I'm glad he cares for you that much!!

Sara
Unread 05-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Surprise!!

(((Nancy)))

Please give your DH a big from all of us - he sounds great!!

(((Kyia)))

I think that a lot of men react in much the same way as yours has - they are scared and they feel helpless and because they don't know what to do, they don't do anything, or they pull away because they don't know how to deal with their fear. Most women reach out to someone who is hurt or scared, but many men don't know how to do that.

I'm so sorry that your DH hasn't been able to tell you how he felt up to now, but glad that you have figured it out.

's

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register