Surprise!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-03-2002, 07:20 PM
"Hubster"Word

KSyardbird, I like your word "hubster" (I hadn't heard of that one before!). I think I'll use that word rather than DH. It almost feel like both are going the process together. Am I getting mushy?

Pinkie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2002, 07:32 PM
You are all right!

Yes, he is the greatest. We just celebrated our 20th anniversary and it feels like just about three years.

Thanks for the endorsements. I was so touched.

He loves to pamper me all the time, so finding this site was like an answer to prayer for him. He claims the crown was the thing he couldn't resist in the package.

Sorry, both brothers are married and he's the 'pick of the litter' anyway.

I'm just so glad he's not afraid to show his feelings. He even cries--very rarely--but at the birth of our first son and the death of my Dad in March 2002. I am so blessed.

Nancy
Unread 05-03-2002, 08:09 PM
Pinkie's Crown

One more added note -

I also got my mousepad, notecards and crown this week. When I got home, I went upstairs to my bathroom to assemble it, came down downstairs with it on into the kitchen to present it to DH as he was cooking dinner. He rolled eyes and shook his head passing by me. That's OK. Afterwards, I put the crown on one of my teddy bears in the livingroom. I don't feel right about putting it on until after castle entry. I don't know why, but I have to say that I love looking at that crown. I guess it makes me feel in some crazy way of an accomplishment soon to be well done.

Pinkie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2002, 08:19 PM
Surprise!!

Hi Pinky!

don't know where I came up with 'hubster' - part of my language studying background, I guess......He just calls me 'wifey' & the kids are 'critters' - ha!

& I've got a 'circus going on down there.' See how we are? Mush is good! Just use a papertowel & clean it all up when you're all done!

& oh yes.....was trying to envision you with your 'assembled mousepad, notecards, & crown on' & modeling for your DH........ hmmmm......

Just waiting for a 'human' doctor's second opinion.....on Tuesday! & hubster's right here (back from fishing!) holding my hand & ing cause I'm bragging on him!

Feeling the calmest & best humored I have in a long time!!!

Unread 05-03-2002, 08:43 PM
You too?!

KSyardbird,

Whenever I send DH a note, whether at work or elsewhere, I sign it "Wif". My favorite pet name for DH is either "Papa" (I guess that came from Ma and Pa Kettle though we don't have children), or Hubbie.

Pinkie
Unread 05-03-2002, 09:37 PM
Surprise!!

Nancy, What a precious blessing. I know that really was priceless to you. You deserve it. You are a very caring person yourself in how you pray for others who are having surgery. I know I have appreciated your prayer for me. God has blessed you. What a wonderful dh. My dh is just what I need too. So we have to give some credit to each appreciated "hyster prince" out there too. My husband is taking 4 weeks of vacation to help care for me since my surgery is a little more complicated with a bowel resection, and I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and need his support. So Hooray for all our "hyster prince charmings" out there. And for our precious hystersisters who don't have that type of support, we send extra prayers and best wishes and hugs to support you. You deserve all the love and support too, and we will give it to you the best we can God bless.
Unread 05-03-2002, 10:34 PM
hyster prince

I love the "hyster prince" nickname. It sure fits my DH. He has been so great thru all this. He ordered me the same package that Nancy got plus he got me my Crown Jewels. This web site has been a Godsend for us.

Here's all those great "Hyster Princes" out there!!!
Unread 05-04-2002, 04:24 AM
So sweet!

Nancy,

I love your story. What a sweeheart your DH is!

My DH knows about the site and listens attentively when I talk about it but I don't think he'd poke around it on his own. He isn't as computer-literate as I am and doesn't spend as much time on he computer as me.

I too think the prince crown is a great idea.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register