Need support - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-04-2002, 11:08 AM
Need support

Sandy, I know it's hard and scary. !!!

Chances are good that your pain will be much less after surgery, not what you have now plus more. I couldn't believe how little pain I was in after surgery, compared to my normal menstrual cramps!

It's a funny thing about surgery -- people actually take your pain seriously and give you heavy-duty painkillers for it, unlike for the pain many of us experienced for years beforehand!!

So maybe you can look forward to your castle visit as a chance to finally get that pain under control!!

You'll get there. You're in the hardest part already. Before you know it, you'll be writing one of those, "I can't believe how good I feel!" posts!!

Just keep taking what you need to for anxiety (and pain, if possible), making sure to talk to your doc about it if you need something more.

You're surrounded by caring people here. Try to feel their support buoy you up. They are thinking about you and sending positive vibes your way, and they've been through it themselves. That made a world of difference to me, knowing so many people were wishing me well.

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2002, 12:59 PM
pain

i have pain as well...only 19 more days! I know what it is like to be up all night...I don't know which is worse, the pain or waking up all covered in blood.
I have this weird idea that once i wake up afterwards, i will suddenly realize that THE pain is gone...yes of course there will be post-surgical pain but not the pain i have grown to live with and sometimes even ignore...it is strange to think about.

Hang in there, it is almost over!
Unread 05-04-2002, 01:25 PM
You aren't along

Sandi,

Just want to let you know you aren't alone. I don't have surgery till the 22nd. I'm having real bad pain lately. It seems like I'm having to take pain pill all the time. Just hang in there and it will end soon. The way I'm looking at the pain after surgery is that is a good pain, it means I'm soon going to pain free. Hope you understand what I'm tring to say.
Hugs,
Gina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2002, 03:47 PM
Need support

Sandy,
Another person telling you, *you aren't alone*.......I am in pain too. Hey, I have my surgery same day as you, except I'm having a TAH. I can't *wait*, because even though I know the surgery and recovery will be hard, that it will hopefully be an end to the years of pain I've had. I've tried so many different things, nothing has helped, and I am *so* ready for this surgery! I just got my period yesterday, and feel just BLA, esp since I am trying to stay away from Naproxen (which only takes the edge off anyway)..........I have some Vicodin left over from something last year, and even that only takes the edge off........but at least I know this is my last period ever.

Unread 05-04-2002, 04:12 PM
Thankyou all

Thankyou all so very much!!!!!! I feel very supported at this moment, and it's wonderful. So glad to get to know you sisters, and to know I'm not alone. I feel like I am getting some of the support I need here, and so very grateful.
I will keep in touch, the evenings and nights are the worst for me.
I wish I could feel "safe" about going to the hospital and having the surgery. I'm working on that, but I feel that all of my deepest fears are rising to the surface, and sometimes they get the better of me. I find it hard to believe; in one way losing my uterus will make me feel better, on the other hand I'm so very sad to let it go. Maybe I'm stuck on some level and find it hard to believe that the misery will go too. I do not hate my uterus, I'm grateful for what it has done for me. I think I'm finding it hard to say goodbye to a precious part of me that has prolapsed and is causing me pain. I hope you ladies can understand. And I feel so much better knowing that there are women like you that have "been there" or are "going to be there soon."
Thankyou again and thankyou for being there for me in a way that no one else in my life at this time has been.
Big s to each and every one of you
Sandy xxoo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register