PAP after cone, still CIN3..ugh! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PAP after cone, still CIN3..ugh! PAP after cone, still CIN3..ugh!

Unread 04-17-2015, 05:57 PM
PAP after cone, still CIN3..ugh!

3 months after my Cone I go to my Gynie/Onco for a PAP.
Fast forward 2 weeks and I get the results that the PAP shows CIN3.....Doc does a biopsy right then and there. I have to wait for my appointment in 2 weeks to get the results.
What's next? Doc says maybe another cone but best not to speculate until we get the Pathology back.
Last time this happened I was completely freaked and this time I'm just taking it in stride I guess.....
My father just passed away at age 68 of an out of the blue heart attack.
My soul is so wounded I just don't have the energy to freak out too much.
I just have this feeling I'm going to end up with a Hyster, I'm 50 Im not using my uterus anymore
Just crossing my fingers (and my legs) haha that's its not cancer.
Anyone out there that's had 2 cones who could shed some light on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2015, 09:23 AM
Re: PAP after cone, still CIN3..ugh!

First, I'm sending hugs and condolences for the loss of your father. No matter the circumstances, we're never ready to lose someone we love.

I don't have any cone experience as my colpo/biopsy showed early invasive disease, so we knew we'd be doing a rad/hyst, anyway. I think your doc is right to take one step at a time and see what you're dealing with before getting too far ahead of yourself. I'm glad you're seeing a gyn/onc as he/she will be in the best position to advise you of what is the next best step.

Whatever it is, we'll be here to help however we can. I know your emotional reserves are running low right now, so lean on us, if you need to. And, be kind to yourself as well.

Unread 04-18-2015, 10:14 PM

Thank you Monami.....this website is such a source of comfort and a feeling of community. I'm grateful to have found it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2015, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearns Chica View Post
3 months after my Cone I go to my Gynie/Onco for a PAP.
Fast forward 2 weeks and I get the results that the PAP shows CIN3.....Doc does a biopsy right then and there. I have to wait for my appointment in 2 weeks to get the results.
What's next? Doc says maybe another cone but best not to speculate until we get the Pathology back.
Last time this happened I was completely freaked and this time I'm just taking it in stride I guess.....
My father just passed away at age 68 of an out of the blue heart attack.
My soul is so wounded I just don't have the energy to freak out too much.
I just have this feeling I'm going to end up with a Hyster, I'm 50 Im not using my uterus anymore
Just crossing my fingers (and my legs) haha that's its not cancer.
Anyone out there that's had 2 cones who could shed some light on this?
I'm so sorry about your father. And sorry that you have this additional worry now.
I will cross my fingers for you that all will be well.
If you do have to have surgery everything will be all right.
Take care of your wounded soul right now. Grieve for your father.
Hugs for you.
Unread 04-19-2015, 05:32 AM

Hi, I am Cin3 after cone biopsy and due for a hysterectomy June 9. My gyno has said I should have this procedure as there have been no changes only that the cells have spread. No discussion about seeing a oncologist. After I have my hysterectomy I have been advised that should my next smear come back positive I have to have treatment? I am not really sure what to think, I hope you find out more and we could share info please ☺️.
I wish you the best with your journey x
Unread 04-19-2015, 10:40 AM
Re: PAP after cone, still CIN3..ugh!

NikkiNoo
From my personal experience I would recommend you see a Gynie/Onco now. Don't wait. The most valuable thing I have learned on this website is that YOU have to take charge of your treatment and be agressive when it comes to protecting your health.
A hysterectomy is major surgery and although I'm not afraid to have one .. (ok maybe a little) I'm extremely confident with my oncologist and feel I'm in good hands.
Definitely seek out an Onco they are the experts in this.
After my first Colposcopy My Gyno actually gave me the choice of a cone or a Hyster. A decision I'm sooo not qualified to make so I RAN to an Onco and he said that at that point a Hyster maybe too much treatment or not enough.
Go to an expert...and keep us updated on how u are
Unread 04-19-2015, 10:47 AM

Thank you reallyscaredsis for your reply. I hope you are doing well on your journey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register