Back ache anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back ache anyone? Back ache anyone?

Unread 05-04-2002, 07:50 PM
Back ache anyone?

I have had the most horrendous back aches with constipation for the last few weeks. Does anyone else seem to have these symptoms?

I am not scheduled to have my last period (HURRAY!) for the next week so I know it isn't cramps....

Sex seems to make it worse. My poor dh is so starved...but I can't seem to keep myself in the game, so to speak. (He calls it being benched.) Any thoughts?

The hot pad worked really well, last week, but not this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 10:56 AM
Back ache anyone?

I don't know but here is a .

I didn't have endo so did not have that pain. (I had everything else but it didn't hurt.)

Please call you doc on Monday am and ask him to prescribe something for you . I see your surgery is still a ways off and you don't need to be in pain while you wait.

We'll bump you up to and maybe get some other ideas.

Unread 05-05-2002, 11:07 AM
Back ache anyone?

Hi dizzie lizzie,

I'm so sorry that you are in such bad pain right now. I had back aches and constipation that turned out to be caused by prolapses.

Has your doctor said anything to you about a possible prolapse? I didn't have endo, so don't know if that could also cause a back ache.

You might want to call your doctor in the morning just to check it out with him. Please let us know what you find out.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 11:08 AM
Backache

Since I poked around on my tummy a couple of weeks ago (checking out the size of the fibroid twins) and felt a horrific pain, I've had mild cramping and a backache. I don't know what I did that day, but I learned to not poke around where I shouldn't!

Anyway, I'm sorry you're having such a time with a back ache. Just think, it will be over soon.

s

Lisa
Unread 05-05-2002, 11:15 AM
Back ache anyone?

Back pain has always been a painful symptom of mine (I have endo)......I get it the week I ovulate, the week before my period, and the week of my period. That leaves, uh.....one week off? Geez! For me heat may take the edge off, but never helps completely. NSAIDS take the edge off too, but only a little, and now I am not taking any at all, cuz my surgery is a week from tomorrow.....in my case, I have some Vicodin left over from a few months ago when my doc prescribed them when my jaw popped out of place. That helps....a little. It's sad, how even a narcotic doesn't make it go away completely. Oh well....enough of my whining, just wanted to say you are NOT alone!!!!!

Heather
Unread 05-05-2002, 11:45 AM
try ice

I know it is easy to blame everything on our gyno problems but have you thought of maybe a slipped disc in your spine?? It could cause the same problem. I would try putting ice on your back to reduce swelling at least 3 times a day and see if that doesn't help. I know I had back problems that stemmed from hunching over in pain 2 weeks a month. The ice worked for me.
Just a Thought.
Unread 05-05-2002, 12:01 PM
I'm Sorry But I Can Relate

Hi Liz

Me Too!! s Maybe it's in the water out here or maybe it's that stage in our waiting game - since we're both scheduled for the same day! Actually, I've had this before (a lot!!) and my Dr says it is related to how my uterus is positioned. Sometimes - and it doesn't seem to matter much where in the cycle it is either - he says that my uterus will sometimes lean and pull on different parts which can cause no pain or a lot of pain. He says that it's mostly just my back muscles tightening up trying to compensate. Also, he blames the endo for some of it too and says that it can be different from cycle to cycle. Anyway, my plan of attack each time is exercise, water, rest, hot baths, massages, ibuprofen, and sometimes muscle relaxers. One time, when it was really severe, my Dr gave me a bunch of little numbing shots right into the tightened up muscle and that really helped. The massages are my favorite!

Good luck - Be sure and check with the Dr if it doesn't get better.

Elaine
Unread 05-05-2002, 08:01 PM
Thanks a ton!

I have been taking my Lortab left-over from the lap and it seems to take the edge off but that is it. The hot pad is also not working well, so my next try is the ice pack (it's in the freezer now!).

The bowels have not moved well since Thurs. and I think that has contributed to the ache. I am also becoming nauseated. Don't worry, I have been eating fiber like I was a horse for the last three days. Something finally moved today, but not enough to merit the amount I have been eating and drinking.

I will definately call the dr tomorrow. Maybe he can shed some light.

THANKS EVERYONE! Your input has been great! I am so blessed to have found this website! This is the best place to be in the world!
Unread 05-05-2002, 08:35 PM
Back ache anyone?

I've had the same symptoms. I also have endo and adhesions. The doc seems to think since everything was stuck together including bowels that the endo may have been the source of my problem. I am actually having regular bowel movements now. Wow I had forgotten what that was like. With the pressure removed from bowels my back is somewhat better although I have other back problems. Now I can walk upright. A hyst may not solve the problem but in my experience it has made mine a whole lot better. Not even 2 weeks post op and I feel better than I have in years. You should ask doctor anyway just to see if he can prescribe something for the pain and to ease constipation

Tracy
Unread 05-06-2002, 09:20 AM
Back ache anyone?

Ok Liz this is scary! I'm 32, IBS, Endo and adhesions! My low backache is actually from the adhesions on the bowel! Try a heating pad...helps a little! Funny thing is after 15 years of being told it's IBS...not they think the whole time it was Endo...UGH!!! I do know the pain you are talking about! Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register