I'm home and path report came back clean!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm home and path report came back clean!! I'm home and path report came back clean!!

Unread 05-05-2002, 09:31 AM
I'm home and path report came back clean!!

I'll write more later, but I just wanted to let you girls know that I'm home resting and dh is taking good care of me... Yesterday morning the Dr came in with the news that the path report was good. They got it all! No radiation or Chemo needed! I started crying I was so relieved...

Thanks to all of you for helping me thru this most difficult time.

I'll write more later, but I gotta tell ya, I was ready for pain, but not for the extreme difficulty of getting up and down out of bed. What was I thinking? I really missed the boat on that one. Other than that, I'm doing ok, getting thru...

Just so relieved that it's over and that the news was good..

Thanks again,
Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 10:50 AM
(((Sherry)))

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!

Big 's and lots of
Unread 05-05-2002, 11:47 AM

SHERRY,
SUCH WONDERFUL NEWS!!! :

I AM SURE YOU ARE SO HAPPY.

BEST OF EVERYTHING TO YOU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 01:26 PM
Great News!

For me, getting up and down off the "porcelain convenience" was a lot worse than in and out of bed. The ONLY time I've been glad I have a small bathroom with the convenience in an otherwise inconvenient place.

:jumping: for joy at your great news!
Unread 05-05-2002, 01:59 PM

So glad the path report was good, Sherry.

I know what you mean about crying when you got the news. I only cried twice throughout my experience - the first time was on the phone when I was given my scan results and found out the cancer didn't appear to have spread. At the time, I thought it meant that I would just need the hyster and no other treatment, but when I got into hospital I was told they we wouldn't know for certain until we got the path report. When I was finally told all was okay, tears came to my eyes again!

As for pain getting out of bed, I never had any! But boy, did I feel dizzy once I started walking - and it lasted for days! Nearly passed out first time in the shower, too!

Wishing you a happy and speedy recovery!

Unread 05-05-2002, 02:00 PM

That is such good news Sherry , we love to hear news like that here.

Now just remember that you must rest lots, walk a little , drink lots and ummmmmmmm what else ? ahhhhhh thats right REST

Gee we will certainly hold a party for you and celebrate such good news
Unread 05-05-2002, 06:07 PM
{{{Sherry}}}

Congratulations! What great news! What a relief to hear that, huh? I am so happy for you.

Both the bed and the bathroom were problems for me. I walked hunched over and used my mom's walker for a few weeks. It does get better, so hang in there!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 05-05-2002, 06:57 PM

What great news, Sherry!

Remember the post-op mantra here - a little , am lot and pamper the at all times - You deserve it!!

Dorrie
Unread 05-06-2002, 06:04 AM

{{Sherry}}

What wonderful news!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I hope you are resting well and pampering yourself like a good

One thing I found helpful in those first few weeks getting in and out of bed was to rely on my arms to do the work that my belly was used to doing. If you turn (very slightly) onto your side and use your arms to "walk up" to a sitting position, it will take alot of the pressure off your tummy.

I hope you'll soon be having an easier time getting in and out of bed and will soon be up doing the Happy

Keep us posted on how you are doing when you're up to it.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 05-06-2002, 01:22 PM

Great News Sherry Get Lots of rest and Let your DH pamper you. I'm like Kaatie, I walked bent over for a while. As soon as I could stand it, I put on a panty girdle. The support made me feel better. Let us know if you have any questions.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register