The waiting is driving me nuts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The waiting is driving me nuts The waiting is driving me nuts

Unread 05-05-2002, 10:56 AM
The waiting is driving me nuts

Well I have 11 days to go until I get to go to the castle. The waiting is driving me nuts!!! So many things to do before I go, clean the house, do laundry, get my desk at work organized and all my work done there. Plus we leave May 10 for Tulsa, OK where DD goes to College. She leaves for a 6 week study in Malaga, Spain on May 14th, then it's home and one day and then the trip to the castle.

My DH is a contract computer programmer and is currently working in Albany, NY. He comes home the 9th and will be home until the 27th and then back to work over 1700 miles away! My mom is coming the 27th to stay for a week and then it'll be just me and my DS (19). He's really looking forward to it,

The guys at work (I work for 5 men) have all been very supportive and say I'll feel so much better, like they would really know . I feel blessed to be working for such kind and considerate men.

Any way the weekends have been the longest since finding out I would be having surgery (April 2) and this website has really saved me from becoming too hysterical! With DH in New York, DD in Tulsa, and DS not really wanting to hear the details (can you blame him) but he really is a wonderful DS and will do great, I come here and check out the postings almost hourly!

Well I hear the laundry calling me so had better get going. Thanks to all the kind "ears" and great advice. Not too much longer and I'll be a !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 11:03 AM
I can sympathize!

Hi EMarieD,

I can certainly sympathize with you. I feel like I'm going nuts!!!! I can't concentrate, I can't get interested in anything, I just want time to hurry by so I can get this over with! I've been scheduled for this surgery since the end of April and it seems like a year has gone by already and I still have 17 days to go!!!

And to top it off, my best friend moved 250 miles away yesterday, so now I'm lonely and bored and missing him very much! Perfect timing, huh!

Oh, well. I think I'll go take a nap. This day has been three days long already and it's only 2 p.m.

Just hang in there. You are not alone. But we'll get through this and be on the other side before you know it.

Lisa
Unread 05-05-2002, 11:22 AM
Waiting

I can relate,,,as my hyster-buddy mentioned..<Lisa and I have surgery on the same day> The waiting is making us crazy as it seems to do for all the women here. I am trying to stay busy but not to the point of wearing myself out. I have lots of lists so that I can get those things off my mind and not worry that I will forget! Hang in there! You are a week ahead of me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 11:31 AM

(((EMarieD)))

Wow - sounds as if you're going to be very busy from now till your surgery date - please try to also plan some time to just get rested up - your recovery will be easier if you're rested before going to the castle.

Sounds as if you've got a good support group lined up, even though your DH will have to go back to his job after a week at home.

Your DD must be excited about spending 6 weeks in Spain - I envy her!!

(((Shashi)))

I'm really sorry that your friend had to move before you had your surgery - it must make it even harder for you, but honestly, even though you've heard it before, it really is true that the "waiting part is the hardest part".

When you feel like it, come visit the Florida forum https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...s=&forumid=59- there are lots of us from Central Florida (I'm from Kissimmee) and we have been getting together occassionally. Where do you teach?

And yes - it's here in Florida this weekend!!

's

Karen
Unread 05-05-2002, 11:35 AM
I'm going crazy too!

I have my surgery May 15th. So I can definitely sympathize with you. I had to reschedule from April 12th. I had pneumonia. So I know how it is to wait. From what I have heard the waiting is the worst. But the waiting will be over soon. And we will be princesses. Good luck with your surgery. Lisa Y.
Unread 05-05-2002, 12:30 PM

Hi to all. I did a search on hysterectomy bulletin boards and found you and so glad I did. I've already read some and cried some. Unfortunately, I have a long wait til my surgery (7/19) and am beginning to regret scheduling it so far in advance! But I'm hoping this board will help me get through the wait!

Reneé
Unread 05-05-2002, 01:01 PM

Hi Renee,

Welcome to Hystersisters! I'm glad that you found us. If you haven't already, be sure to go to the main page (click onto the 3 Princesses at the top left of this page) and scroll down to the drop-down menus where there is a lot of pre-op and post-op information.

We'll try to help you get through your wait.

's

Karen
Unread 05-05-2002, 01:07 PM
THE BIG WAIT

I'm so glad I found this website!I though I was being silly for being so apprehensive and scared!I felt I couldn't talk to my husband about it.I read all the pre-op posts and now know I'm not the only woman cleaning my house,writing lists,and having trouble sleeping.I've been scheduled for surgery since February,and it wasn't really bothering till this last week.Thanks ladies for creating this place.
Leeny
Unread 05-05-2002, 01:13 PM
Same Date

Hey there.. looks like we are going in on the same day. I have a million things to do to.. just wish I could do them! My brain is on hiatus. I keep telling myself this is the last weekend to do stuff (next weekend is DD birthday party and then mother's day). This waiting thing is horrible. When I had my gallbladder surgery it was considered an emergency because my gallbladder was 4 times it's normal size so I didn't have to wait. So when I planned this one I gave myself enough time to get things done... well.. way too much time!
Unread 05-05-2002, 01:49 PM
karen

Hi Karen,

I teach as an adjunct at Polk Community College. I just finished up my spring term classes last week. Luckily, there weren't any classes for me to teach this summer, so I didn't have to worry about having to be out for surgery.

I also work as a secretary for the University of South Florida. But teaching is my first love, and as soon as I get my Master's degree (which I had planned to start on this summer, but will have to put off until fall), I want to teach full-time at the community college level.

I'll go check out the Florida forum right now. I think you ladies had a get together in Lakeland where I live not long after I found this site, but I had just gotten out of the hospital from being admitted for anemia from excessive bleeding and I wasn't up to going. I wish I could meet you all before I have to be homebound for awhile.

Take care and try to stay cool! (I don't remember it being this hot last year! It was 98 degrees the other day! And it's only May, what on earth is August going to be like?)

Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register