The waiting is driving me nuts - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The waiting is driving me nuts The waiting is driving me nuts

Unread 05-05-2002, 02:23 PM
The waiting is driving me nuts

I see some of the other May 23 sisters have responded, so I'll throw in two cents too! It didn't seem very close until Friday. Now the date seems to be rushing upon me. My Mom is coming to help me, so I *must* have the house clean before she comes, right? lol.

I think some of it is that now I can see the time leading up to the surgery, the hospital time, and the recovery time as a single unit based on what I need to have done before then. Up until Friday I was just still in pre-op "considering" time, then there was the hospital, and that was it. Now that I have pretty much made the decisions, I have to start actual preparations. Should I bother freezing dinners? How many bags of cat litter do I need to have on hand? If I need windows repaired and the air conditioner serviced, I have to get it scheduled pronto! If I need to buy some extra large clothes, when am I going to fit this in?

I'm also having enough time to think through the time afterwards, trying to firmly squash fantasies of "how much I'll get done while I'm resting at home!" But, such thoughts are irresistible! I hope to at least hop on over to the Hysteritaville forum and restrain my fantasies to some exercises, getting my nails in shape, a new hairstyle, and trying out various cosmetics!

Pellice SAH/BSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 02:27 PM

The waiting is driving me nutty too....it's not so much that I am scared....I just want it to be the day of my surgery, to get it over with. I moved a week and a half ago, and I still have stuff to do to make the house more liveable, but find I can't concentrate, all I think about is my upcoming surgery, I feel obsessed! And I *know* I need to get stuff done, cuz I won't be able to do this stuff for quite some time faterwards! (Yes, hubby helps, he has quite a full list of things he is doing......he's an angel, 100%). I wish I could stay home from work, so I could get my house all nice and ready. Seems kinda silly, but.......oh well, there's not much I can do. I'll just have to slag through this next week.

Thank goodness for these boards and the company of all you wonderful women out there who understand just how I am feeling! You all are great!

Heather
Unread 05-05-2002, 03:12 PM

Hi y'all,

How many times can I say it without sounding like a scratched record?? I'm GOING INSANE!

I was initially expecting *much against what the docs later told me* to be waiting quite a long while before I could get the actual surgery done. Then BAM, one week's notice!I suppose I should be grateful that I was so worried that I got almost everything done almost a month ahead of when we thought I would visit the castle!

Now, I find myself sitting here waiting for the next 5 days to pass. I've made list after list....note after note...and I've completed them all. Everything from feet to head, computer to bras, reading material to bottled water! You name, it...I've taken care of it. Ummmm, so NOW...what do I do besides worry over the next 5 days? I've found that a nice drive helps my mind, as I know I'm going to be cooped up for a while, but you can only hit 4th gear so many time before you mind drifts to the inevitable. I stare at my Hystersisters tummy pillow and crown and sigh....I want Thrusday night to get here FAST, but then just let me linger the night before surgery until I'm sure...you know...ten or fifteen years.

Shashi, I am so sorry about your best friend movng. Friends are so important right now. I feel like I'm letting my two VERY BEST friends down with the timing of this hyst. I introduced them after having known them both for decades...and they fell in love. The wedding is a week after my surgery. I was supposed to be the maid of honor. I'm SO upset about not being able to do it. And they are both upset, but understanding. I count myself lucky!!Just another test of friendship, I suppose. Just know that his heart and thoughts are with you. I'm sure you know it already, but it always feels good to be reminded of the good things!

I had a good Saturday night out last night. I enjoyed a day in the sun yesterday, went to watch Spiderman last night, had some great sushi, and am having the DH's b-day party tonight, but then....*insert mystery music here*....she slowly lost her mind......

Joby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 08:04 PM
Hey Pellice!

Haven't heard from you in awhile and was just wondering how you are hanging in there?

I see from your post that the wait is getting to you too. Time just seems to be crawling by, doesn't it. I don't think May 23 is ever going to get here. It will always be somewhere out there in the future, like a mirage. You can see it, but never reach it.

What time on May 23 is your surgery scheduled? I'm to go in at 8:30 a.m. for a 10:30 surgery. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as we go in to get our crowns. Just know you won't be alone. We'll go through this together.

Lisa

Unread 05-05-2002, 08:48 PM
Lakeland girl who came through surgery fine

Hey all you Lakeland girls,
Just had my hysterectomy at LRMC on April 23 and everything went fine. The nurses there are great. You get your own little private room and they are at your beck and call. And they make sure they put that little morphine pump button in your hand as soon as you get in the room so you can hit it whenever you need it.
Just wanted to reassure you guys. I feel 100 percent better now than before, even with the after-surgery pains. They're nothing compared to what I was going through with the fibroids and anemia.
I would love to meet you guys the next time you have a get- together. I am a journalist and work at The Ledger. I've been there for 10 years now.
Well tell all the nurses hello for me and remember God will get you through this. That's what I kept remembering the weeks before my surgery, that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. So hang in there.
Unread 05-05-2002, 08:54 PM
Hey Lisa

It's great to hear from another hometown girl.

I'm glad the LRMC castle staff take good care of us. That's been worrying me ever since I had a nightmare experience in their ER last month. (See this thread for details: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=56056.)

I'd love the chance to meet everyone from this area too. They had one get-together in April, but I wasn't able to attend.

Best wishes on your recovery. And thanks again for the reassurance.

Lisa

Unread 05-06-2002, 03:54 AM

Hi Lisa,

I'm glad your surgery went well. My daughter-in-law is a respiratory therapist at the Lakeland Hospital - I'll have to let her know that you were pleased with your care there.

Shashi's right - we had a get-together April 7th - when you get a chance, visit the Florida board https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...?s=&forumid=59 and say "hi".

's

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register