don't know if this is the right spot | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

don't know if this is the right spot don't know if this is the right spot

Unread 05-05-2002, 03:21 PM
don't know if this is the right spot

Hi everyone.... I don't know if this is the right place to post or not. It h as to do with HRT so I thought what the heck. I am now 17 days post-op and I am taking premarin 1.25 twice a day. It works for the hot flashes and night sweats. They changed my hormone medication 3 times before I would stop with all the sweats. But my problem is my boobs are sore and feel real full. Sort of like after you have a baby and your milk comes in. Is anyone else having this problem. Also, I still have the tight tugging feeling on the inside. Is it from the healing process going on inside? Another question. I love sitting up vs laying in bed. Is it bad to sit up more than lie down. I feel more comfortable that way. Still get wiped out in the afternoons and have to have my nap.
Hope someone out there has some suggestions for me.

Thanks alot,

Tammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 04:53 PM

Hi Tammy,
It does sound as though you are having some symptoms that could be hormonally related(breast tenderness) I remember having a lot of sweating after my surgery and not all of it was hormonal so it might mean that you need to cut back on your estrogen. Generally breast tenderness is a sign of too much estrogen. There is a chance that it may be a temporary side effect, but just the same I would give your doctor a call. Many of us have also found that using a small amount of progesterone with our estrogen cuts down on some of the symptoms of too much estrogen. Make sure to let us know what your doctor says.

Becky in OHIO
Unread 05-05-2002, 06:06 PM

Hi Tammy, you are still really early in your recovery so it might be better not to switch your HRT around alot. Hot flashes are actually caused by a fluctuation in your hormone level. It takes a while for your hormones to settle so maybe you should give it a while before you make any changes. I agree with Becky that your breast tenderness is probably from your estrogen. You may want to go to www.hormonejungle.com and read some of the info on the pull down menu.

The pulling is probably internal healing. Sitting for long periods is kind of hard on you. I did a lot of reclining (which I found more comfortable than sitting or laying). So be sure to not over do it. I hope your recovery goes well. Listen to your body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 07:48 PM

Oh Tammy,

I had my meds changed three times in the first month (up up then down). It all settled after a while, but if I had asked for advice here I would have saved myself a change (not that calling the doc is EVER a bad idea..but mine always wants to do something and sometimes I just want a or :cry:

Hang in there girl. It is barely 3 weeks since your surgery. It will get better. I actually think sitting and puttering around is just as helpful to your recovery as laying down, just so long as you rest as much as you putter.

Dorrie
Unread 05-06-2002, 07:02 AM

Hi Tammy, just one more thought. You are presently on twice the dose of premarin we usually see here (though it does come in 2.5). Your breast will probably continue to hurt on that dose as too much estrogen can cause breast tenderness. Have you had problems in the past with breast pain? Even though I don't think you should keep switching your dose, you may want to talk to your Dr. about the pain and see if a lower dose may help and then stick with that for about 4 weeks. The sweats are common right after surgery so those may lessen with time even on a lower dose.

Sorry, not trying to confuse you but I was just thinking you may continue to experience pain on that high of a dose of premarin. However, we are all different. I hope you find some relief soon.
Unread 05-06-2002, 12:23 PM
thanks for the information

Hi everyone. I knew everyone on the site would give me some wonderful information. I am going to the doctor tomorrow and will have lots of questions to ask him. Especially about the breast tenderness. I swear they feel as if I just had a baby and my milk is coming in. When I was just taking 1.25 once a day, I don't think it was strong enough. I would have all day hot flashes and then all night, night sweats. Plus, I was having insomnia. Now all is gone, but the breast tenderness, which I didn't have before. I will let everyone know what the DR says tomorrow. Once again, thank you so much for the information.

Tammy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register