Tah | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-05-2002, 06:21 PM
Tah

I am Deb Bo and I am having a TAH May the 7 2002.
I am glad and sad at the same time, I Pray that This will help me I have had trouble all my life.
I don't know what to expect .
I am already on nerve meds. WILL This make them worse or Better????
Please someone tell me what to expect THE TRUTH!!
Thanks ,
DEb Bi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 07:10 PM
Tah

Debbie,

To tell you the truth everyone is different and this surgery affects them differently too. If I may ask your age and are you keeping your ovaries? I am 33 yrs. old and had a lot of pain post op in the hospital. Then things were smooth for a couple of weeks until the gas pains hit hard. In my third week I crashed hard into menopause(they took my ovaries) because the estrogen patch was not working for me. I lived in a hell of panic attacks and many other horrible symptoms until they got me on the right estrogen for me. I have been on my new pill for 3 weeks and each day am better. My anxiety is almost a thing of the past and the only complaint is being tired if I do too much and some tummy swelling to go along with that. I know your scared, but your going to do just fine. It is VERY important to have a very communicative doctor and staff as well as being very prepared for your recovery. Most important is to rest, drink alot of water and walk walk walk.
Unread 05-05-2002, 07:12 PM
Tah

Deb,

I don't know what has lead you to have a hyst, so it is hard to say if things will be better or worse. I had my hyst in early January. I didn't want my hyst, I was in no pain before it, and still I have to say the experience was not so bad. Yes there was some pain. The first hours and day afterwards are no picnic. But the s are generally helpful and with some help from them and your family it is bearable. After the first day things get better - how fast is hard to say since everyone is different. I was up and aroud the house within a few days, back at work at 6 weeks, but not 100% til a bout now. Others heal faster, some slower. No matter what your experience is though, know that we are here for you with plenty of s. We've all been through it, and if you have carefully considered your medical options, rest in the thought that you are doing the best you can.

Please post anytime. My DH is a doc, but I had never had a general anesthetic before surgery and I badly needed and got a couple doses of xanax. TO tell you the truth, the support I got here was better than any pill, and the morning of surgery I just read the posts rather than taking the pill. It certainly was more fun!

Another big

Dorrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2002, 06:48 AM
Me too!

Hi Deb Bo!

I am going also tomorrow. I will say a prayer for you. And I will be thinking about you while I am there. Right now is hard because the nerves are starting to tense up because of it being so close. Just try to stay busy and keep your mind at ease.

I wish you well!
Unread 05-06-2002, 07:42 AM
Tah

Abdominal surgery is never fun and there is a recovery period to contend with.

I'm almost 7 months post-op (TAH/BSO) and never had a hot flash after being put on HRT. Not only are all my problems gone, but I am now off the anti-depressants I was taking for PMS, I've lost 23 lbs., and feel energetic and great every day! I love my new life! Was it worth it? You bet it was! I'd do it again in a New York minute!
Unread 05-06-2002, 09:02 AM
Wow!

Gee Lisa!

With a post like that, it makes me feel good about my surgery. I know that you guys are all right about feeling better. And I can't wait!!!

Tomorrow!!!!

Yeah!!!!

Finally!!!
Unread 05-06-2002, 10:40 AM
Tah

Gayle,
Best of luck to you. The next couple of weeks won't be the greatest, but they aren't that bad either. Just rest and think about a couple of months from now when you will thank your lucky stars you had this surgery!

We'll think about you tomorrow!
Unread 05-06-2002, 06:56 PM
Tah

Thanks Lisa!

I am sure that this will all be worth while. It is just hard to wait. I will keep you all posted on the progress!
Unread 05-06-2002, 07:00 PM
Tah

Hi Deb and welcome to Hyster Sisters!!

I don't know if you will see this post before your castle drive or not, but please read the pull-down menus on the main page. www.hystersisters.com They have tons of good information.

Please let us know when you are home and feel up to posting...no rush, we'll be here waiting for you!

I had surgery and a good recovery and I wouldn't think twice about doing it again, I just wish I had done it 10 years ago!

s and prayers~

Sara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register