surgery tomarrow scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery tomarrow scared surgery tomarrow scared

Unread 05-06-2002, 07:32 AM
surgery tomarrow scared

Well the day is almost here. I am scard to death. I am afraid I will not wake up. I am fine one minute and the next I am crying and mad as hell. I know you ladies read these kind of post all the time. Thanks for listen to me. Why am I acting like this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2002, 07:36 AM
Hey darlene

Ack! mee tooooo! But I'm laughing too. See you on the other side where I'm sure we will both be much happier <hugs> <hugs> and more <hugs>

Love ya

Hat
Unread 05-06-2002, 07:39 AM
Normal feelings

Darlene,

I can relate. I have had 4 surgeries, and I had that feeling before every one. It's just normal. However, all four surgeries went well, with no problems, as I'm sure yours will!

I'll being thinking about you and praying for you tomorrow.

God Bless,

Kristi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2002, 07:40 AM
Why?

Darlene,

Why, you asked? Because as women, we assume the role of taking care of everyone else. You are about to undergo major surgery, where you will have to rely on others to both perform the surgery, as well as care for you as you recover. It is scarey!

I try to read everyone's message when they return home from surgery and they are very reassuring.

I am uncomfortable putting my care totally in someone else's hands, but the outcome of a life without monthly pain is what keeps me going. And, I'm still scared, too! Welcome to the club.

My prayers are with you, both for a calming peace to come over you before surgery, as well as an uneventful recovery.

Nancy
Unread 05-06-2002, 08:36 AM
Me too! Me too!!

Darlene,

!!

I am feeling the exact same thing. Worry, fright, fear, anger, happy, sad... all at once it seems!!! My surgery is thurs, 5/9, so I'm right behind you. All those L-O-N-G weeks of waiting sure pale in comparison to the here and now, and how I feel like I'd like to put the brakes on and not have it seemingly sneak up on me so quickly!!!

The Hystersisters have been an absolute godsend, and I don't know what I would have done without this board to come to every day.

Thank goodness, we are not alone. In a few days we will be up and recovering on the post op side. I wish you godspeed, love, light and an EASY recovery !!

Blessings!
karen
Unread 05-06-2002, 08:46 AM
dear Darlene

:Hug:Hug:Hug:
It is normal to be scared,it is a human reaction. This is a major surgery and a major decision for all of us to make. I have had 10 surgiries and was nervous the day before and the day of for every single one!

:Hug: sister
you will be a princess tomorrow this time
Unread 05-06-2002, 08:47 AM
dear Darlene

Hug
It is normal to be scared,it is a human reaction. This is a major surgery and a major decision for all of us to make. I have had 10 surgiries and was nervous the day before and the day of for every single one!

:Hug: sister
you will be a princess tomorrow this time
Unread 05-06-2002, 09:09 AM
Together

Hi Darlene! Hat!

I will be there right along with you guys. And I know how you feel. So much is running through my mind. But deep down, I know it will be okay. Just look at all of the sisters that have been here and are doing so well now.

I will keep you both in my prayers.
Unread 05-06-2002, 09:15 AM
Darlene, You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow

Read Teddy's post...she hit it on the head for me.

After "being there" for everyone else for my entire adult life, for once it's completely reversed. Everyone else needs to be there for me!

My castle day was Friday, and let me reassure you...you'll do well...and soon we'll be "chatting" over on post-op.
Unread 05-06-2002, 12:15 PM
Right with you

Best of luck to you tomorrow, and hope you get the pampering you so deserve. I go in next Monday.
Best wishes
s
Sandy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register