surgery tomarrow scared - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery tomarrow scared surgery tomarrow scared

Unread 05-06-2002, 12:36 PM
surgery tomarrow scared

I also have surgery on tomorrow, I know we'll be just fine. It is a little scary when you stop and think about it which is why I have really tried to keep myself busy today. Some friends just left we watched a movie and I am going out to the mall in a little while to help keep my mind off of the surgery, at least for a little while longer! So go out and do something you really enjoy and it will help you feel better! We're almost there and God will be with all of us May 7th ladies! Take care and talk with you after our big day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2002, 12:46 PM
Think positive happy thoughts

I bet you are getting that panicky feeling every time the thought of the surgery sneaks up on you! I feel that way, too and mine is over two weeks away. Everything will go as planned. Let go and let God...my Mom keeps saying that to me like a mantra and it helps a bit. No one likes to not be in control. It's scary, overwhelming and just not normal! LOL My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Unread 05-06-2002, 12:55 PM
surgery tomarrow scared

I too am having mine tomorrow. Don't be scared. Everything will be fine. All these things you are feeling, everybody feels before surgery. Surgery is scarey, plain and simple. But if you think about it ,this procedure all though not to be taken lightly, is pretty common. These doctors know what they are doing. It is all unknown to us but not to them.

I will be praying for you. You will be fine. Hang in there. God Bless.
LIZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2002, 01:07 PM
fearful for tomorrow

A week ago today I had a TAH (4-29-02). It was my first surgery and I was fearful too. I stayed as busy as possible and the next thing I knew they were giving me my preop instructions. The week has gone smoothly because I have done everything they told me to do, prayers, and luck.

Take the pain meds they offer. Quickly you won't need nearly as much. My clinical coordinator kept saying "WALKING IS YOUR FRIEND" and she was right. The more you walk the less pain you have and the quicker your bowels and bladder will work.

You will be glad quickly that you have had it done. Keep in touch with this communication board. I praise my nurse discharge planner for my so far uncomplicated recovery. She told me EVERYTHING to do and expect.

She said go home and start immediately on DSS plus, also known as Pericolace and use a suppository if needed. I have taken DSS plus 2 to 4 daily since 5-1 and have had very little discomfort. Keep walking -- I have tried not to sit more than an hour or two during waking hours.

Other tips given me by friends who had this procedure were:
1. do not use straws to drink
2. no carbonated beverages
3. hold a pillow over stomach while coughing
4. get up from bed by rolling to your side and then pulling up using someone or the bedrails for support

My prayers are with you.
Unread 05-06-2002, 01:11 PM
Tomorrow

It seems like everyone is having their surgery tomorrow but me. I will be thinking of all of you and keeping you in my prayers.
Just think, one more day and it will all be over.

Let us LIW know how everything went as soon as your up to it.

Good luck

Jackie
Unread 05-06-2002, 02:59 PM
surgery tomarrow scared

Darlene,
I also am having the ritual to recieve my crown tomorrow. I am going through all the emotional swings and also am not sleeping. Just think, next week we will all meet in chat to show how well our crowns fit!! The sisters here have kept me going. I am so happy that we have found this support.

Hang in there Darlene, we are almost there...
Unread 05-06-2002, 03:39 PM
surgery tomarrow scared

Dear Darlene,

My thoughts are with you at this time. I am waiting from my coronation on the 31st. You'll do just fine. Listen to your Dr., take ALL the meds you can get and rest, rest, rest! I have had other abdominal sugeries in the past and have rebounded quicker each time. If you pray, say a few Hail Mary's when you get stressed, it will help. Always works for me. Take care and good luck tomorrow. You'll be a Princess soon.

Nicko
Unread 05-06-2002, 04:00 PM
Reply to Darlene

Hi Darlene:

Bless your heart! My surgery is scheduled for 7/1 and after reading your post and everyone else's, it really brings tears to my eyes.

I will be praying for you tomorrow. Just know that we're all in this together!

Jeryl
TVH 7/1/02
:
Unread 05-06-2002, 07:03 PM
Wow!

Wow! There are so many of us going tomorrow that we can have a party in the OR!!!!! I am happy not to be alone anyway. I will be thinking about all of you while I am there. Well, at least until they knock me out that is. I wish you all the best. Can't wait to hear from all of you post-op.

Best of luck!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register