You know your surgery is getting closer... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

You know your surgery is getting closer... You know your surgery is getting closer...

Unread 05-06-2002, 03:48 PM
You know your surgery is getting closer...

two weeks to go and thats all i think about. surgery isn't until 2:00pm should make for a very loooong day. Anyone else have an afternoon surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2002, 04:02 PM
Two weeks to go...

You're right it is a both scarey and good.

Scarey because the unknown is always scarey.

Good because we are fortunate to have so much more info available to us today from our doctors and from other women who've been through it. Can you imagine how horrifying this surgery must have been to women before the internet, or even before the medical technology was so advanced? Hospitals were such a scarey environment all those years ago. We're lucky we have this option available to us. Of course it would be so much better if scientists and doctors could zero in on the cause of all this stuff and prevent it from happening in the first place but until then it's nice to have all the options that living in this day and age offers. We're so luck to live in a time when we can communicate with other women all around the world to learn about options and experiences.

It's also a good time because the next two weeks will fly by and then you'll be beyond your surgery and looking forward to a healthy recovery and a time when your quality of life will be greatly enhanced.

All the best to you for a successful surgery and recovery.
Unread 05-06-2002, 04:56 PM

7 v_e_r_y slow days and counting!

my thoughts are with you all.

Shielah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2002, 05:06 PM

I know what you mean!!!! I decided in January that I was going to have this surgery, but knew I'd wait until June. That seemed like light years away to me. Now I see lot's of June princesses and some July princesses. I can finally say "I'm having surgery next month"
Unread 05-06-2002, 05:53 PM

Just realized TODAY while looking at my calendar on my desk that after this week, only ONE MORE FULL WEEK left till the big day!
I too decided in January, argued with and made a deal with my doc to let me wait till summer, tried for July, ended up compromising for May, I pushed it to the end of May, and look, here we are!
I hope they have the drugs ready when i walk in the door or i will probably pass out.
Unread 05-06-2002, 06:22 PM
Hi Uterless

Another May 23rder here.

Just wondering how you are holding up. There's six of us here scheduled for that day. Guess we're in good company.

Just think, two weeks and two days and we'll be pampered punctured princesses.

s to you and best wishes. I'll keep you in my prayers as we go off to the castle together.

Lisa

Unread 05-06-2002, 06:43 PM

I'm also on the 22nd of this month. I don't know what time yet. I go for my admit on the 21st. It's going by so sssllllllllllooooooooowwwwwwwww.
Gina
Unread 05-06-2002, 07:09 PM

The waiting is the worst part, y'all~but you already knew that, right?

s My thoughts and prayers are with you as you wait patiently!

Sara
Unread 05-06-2002, 07:51 PM

Along with most of my thoughts lately, I have to preface by asking, "Does this sounds stupid?" LOL

Since Friday, evertime I do something, I say..."This is the last Saturday night I go out with my uterus." "This is the last Monday morning I wake up worrying about my period starting." ETCETCETC...the list goes on and on..lol

Joby......4days....4days....4days....
Unread 05-06-2002, 09:55 PM
July's Jealous

Ladies,

I have to break the flow and say I'm somewhat jealous. I'm scheduled for 07/19/02, and getting so tired of the waiting!!! My job's contract is suppose to end 07/10/02. But I'm thinking of giving two weeks notice in June so I can go visit a very good friend in Fresno at the end of June (I left her a message. She hasn't called me back), and then have three weeks to prepare.

I am so tired of the waiting. I could have had mine in April. But at the counsel of DH and mom, I opted for July (and now wouldn't you know it, they're say, "You should have had it in April." Go figure!!!). I just want to be done with this and move onto other things in life.

I wish the very best for you May Ladies soon to be
Pinkie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register