You know your surgery is getting closer... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

You know your surgery is getting closer... You know your surgery is getting closer...

Unread 05-06-2002, 10:08 PM
You know your surgery is getting closer...

Pinkie,
I could have had mine in January or February. I decided on June because of work and waiting this long is sooooo hard. I look at it this way, I've had the last 4 months to get the "freaking out" part out of my system. Now I'm just READY!!! I know where you're coming from. Hang in there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2002, 02:42 AM
With you

Hi, May Ladies In Waiting,

Yes, I understand!!!!! A month ago we were watching people come and go from the castle and it seemed like our surgeries were just a fantasy. Yikes, reality has set in. We are actually going, aren't we? I'm glad that you are all out there!

I'm May 22 TAH/BSO, 45 yrs. old, wanting it, but "lil" scared these days.
Can't wait to til it is all over and summer sweeps in.

My best wishes to all of you,

Lynn
Unread 05-07-2002, 03:07 AM

The time is rushing by for me now! I have a very long list of things to do and am not going to get through it all!

I too made the decision in January. My first thought was to wait until August. I'm glad I didn't do that, but I an also glad I have had time to think and prepare. Well, think, anyway!

Pellice
SAH/BSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2002, 04:58 AM
May Flowers

Hi Ladies,

When I first called to schedule my surgery, the nurse gave me an April 29 date. However, the class I teach at our local community college didn't end until April 30, then grades were due by May 2. I told the nurse there was no way I could do it then, that it would be impossible for me to get a sub to give the final and I would have to get the grades ready that week. I don't think she was too happy with me. So I ended up with May 23, which actually worked out pretty well, except the waiting is driving me nuts. The later date gave me time to get prepared, time for me to adjust to my best friend moving away, and time to accumulate sick/vacation/and comp time at work which will cover four weeks of my recovery time. (My employers are going to let me do some work at home during the last two weeks.)

Anyway, hang in there, May Flowers. We'll get through this in time.

s to all of you!

Lisa
Unread 05-07-2002, 05:36 AM

Hi there

I've only got 8 more days till I go to the castle and I'm starting to get very jittery now!!!!!........

I don't have to book in till 12 noon and surgery's not till 3.30pm....so yes it will seem like a very long day.

Lots of s and es to everyone being "done" this week
Unread 05-07-2002, 06:30 AM
First STep

Hi May Girls

OK, just had to pop online to get some electronic encouragement before I left the house!

I'm on my way to the hospital for my pre-op registration process. I'M not rell sure what to expect. I know it's going to be nerve wrecking no matter what because this is setting instone the fact that I'm really going through with this!!!

Thanks so much for listening!! And I'm glad to see we're all "biting our nails" together over it! Wihsing good thoughts that you all have a mentally peaceful day!!!

Joby
Unread 05-07-2002, 09:13 AM

Elaine B

We have the same day!
I know how you feel--------------
I just want this to be over with like NOW!!!!!
Best wishes to you
I will be thinking about you on the 15th--I have to be at the hosp at 9am--surgery 11:30 am
Just think we no longer be a
We both become the same day!
's to you
Unread 05-07-2002, 12:08 PM

Hello, Dears! I'm a newbie around here, but I can see I'm in the right place! My TVH (at least, we're hopeful he won't have to do an abdominal incision, anyway) is scheduled for May 15th also (8 days and counting! Woohoo!). Sounds like I'll be in good company for my trip to the castle (castle... I like that!).

I've had 15 years worth of problems, ever since my 2 C-sections 15 and 16 years ago. Had my tubal after the 2nd. Both my kids were breech, and I never had any labor whatsoever. Since then, I've had progressively worsening problems with AUB (periods anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks apart, lasting anywhere from 3 to 10 days, with spotting between -- ugh!), constant cramping, clotting, old brown discharge, spotting, sharp pains, mood swings, hotflashes, yadda, yadda, yadda. Saw a GYN a few years back who did a hysteroscopy and biopsy but didn't find much of anything, other than some cervical polyps. He recommended an endometrial ablation. But in addition to the enormous co-pay I would have needed for the Lupron injections, I just couldn't see how an ablation would have helped curb all my problems.

Saw a different doctor recently, and I'm SOOO glad I did! He agreed it wouldn't have helped, and we did more diagnostic procedures to pinpoint the source of my problems, which he's pretty certain have more to do with adenomyosis.

I have a retroversion, so he's hoping to do the procedure vaginally but warned me he might have to incise my abdomen if it becomes necessary. I'm now on my 4th day of my very last period (YES!!!!), and I can honestly say I will NOT miss old Aunt Flo in the least. I haven't been in touch with the hospital yet for scheduling pre-op and all that, but I'm filling out the paperwork today. Hubby has scheduled time off from work, and I think we're successfully getting all our i's dotted and t's crossed ahead of time. I even bought myself a nice new nightshirt, robe, and pair of slippers recently.

This site is a godsend, and I know I'll be perusing it much more over the next week. I'm sure I'll have my share of jitters a day or two before I go in, and I'm not crazy about the no sex for 6 weeks rule, but overall, I think it will all go well. The end result will be SOOO worth the surgery and recovery!
Unread 05-07-2002, 12:13 PM

Three days!! aaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Unread 05-07-2002, 01:22 PM
Sooooo Haaaappppyyy!!!!

I am a little ecstatic I don't know if you can tell!!! Aunt Flo has stopped by for her final visit today, and now all I can say is: Hasta La Vista Baby!!!

Hey Caren, Maria and Courtlyn, I have my hyst on the 20th, and it is scheduled for 9:00 AM. My Pre-Op is this Friday the 10th. So I'll be thinking of you Joby. I want to send to all my sisters and let's just

Take Care and God Bless!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register