No more periods! Woo hoo! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No more periods! Woo hoo! No more periods! Woo hoo!

Unread 05-16-2015, 10:17 PM
No more periods! Woo hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriV View Post
I had horrible periods and am thrilled at the thought of no more periods!!! I was going through my coupons today and saw some for pads & tampons...started to cut them out & thought.....hey!!! I'll never need these again!!!! Woohoo!!! Even something as simple as....I was laying on the couch the other day & thought.....it's so nice that I can lay here without having to worry about blood getting on the couch. This is WONDERFUL! !!!!!
Happy for ALL of us!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean2015 View Post
Happy for ALL of us!!

Oooooh yeah!!! We've all earned this with everything we've all been through!!!!
Unread 05-17-2015, 12:32 AM
Re: No more periods! Woo hoo!

Yay! I've been hanging out for menopause (turning 50 in a few weeks), but had got to the point where I felt like a teenager, googling "can you bleed to death...." I still don't think my experiences were as bad as some though.

Before surgery, I made a list of 17 things that I hoped it would potentially improve. I don't expect to get lucky enough to fix them all, but at least I know the heavy periods is the one thing I can tick off the list straight off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2015, 04:04 AM

The mind is still getting used to the concept' NO MORE PERIODS' :-)
Unread 05-17-2015, 06:52 AM

I'm right with you ladies! I remember how I always used to check my panties for blood stains every time I went to the bathroom, and carry tampons in my purse, in case I was ever caught off guard. I am so glad to be done with that! Also, I no longer have to plan my wardrobe, or my workout schedule, around my period. Now that is true freedom!
Unread 05-24-2015, 10:04 PM

How do I feel about no more periods? Let me count the ways! It may be easier to ask what I miss about them. The answer is absolutely nothing! I dont miss pain, cramps, mess, tampons and pads, the expense, bloating, hormonally induced migrains, pms, etc, etc, etc. My body is at peace.
Unread 05-25-2015, 06:02 AM

[quote=pamsue;4603447]How do I feel about no more periods? Let me count the ways! It may be easier to ask what I miss about them. The answer is absolutely nothing! I dont miss pain, cramps, mess, tampons and pads, the expense, bloating, hormonally induced migrains, pms, etc, etc, etc. My body is at peace.[/QUOTE

AMEN, after you put up with this so long and in pain, bleeding etc.. I will NEVER MISS THAT either! t
Unread 05-25-2015, 07:59 AM

Oh man, I have not missed having my period at all!! It's been wonderful. I was experiencing a lot of between-period spotting and my periods were twice a month and very heavy. Not to be gross, but I had a lot of "blemished" panties. It's so nice to be able to wear pretty underwear again without worrying about ruining them.
Unread 05-25-2015, 11:56 AM

I had awful periods towards the end, and then started bleeding on 7/1/14 and didn't stop until I had my first surgery, a myomectomy in December. Fixed it for two blessed two weeks and then it returned with a vengeance. Had a LAVH, without a BSO on 4/22/15. It feels wonderful to know I will never have to deal with that again. Bagged up all my supplies, wrapped them up in pretty paper and gave them to my daughter!
Unread 05-25-2015, 12:50 PM

I went for a long walk this morning and made the comment to my husband that I don't feel bloated any more. My clothes fit better!! Oh what a relief!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register