Checked out Okay! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Checked out Okay! Checked out Okay!

Unread 05-06-2002, 04:57 PM
Checked out Okay!

I want to beging by thanking you all for your support. I know that I have not posted previously but I am on here everyday and I feel as though I know you all. I have emailed Robyn a few times and she has been a tremendous help. Just when you think that your nerves should begin to settle down, that you shouldn't get nervous about being looked at and prodded.....well I was more nervous about being checked out today in my post op appt than I was the morning of my surgery. I thought that my nerves would settle after surgery and my cancer head would take a back burner, but I was so nervous going into this appt that my Doc would find something wrong, or that he might want to send me for a test for that very( and I mean very) minor little ache I have on my right lower abdomen. But he said that everything looked great. He thinks the little ache is just some scar tissue adjusting to my movements each day. He has cleared me physically as far as any restrictions. I will see him in three months for my first of three pap smears this year. I do feel quite safe in his care and could not imagine a more considerate, caring and professional doctor. I already imagine what it might be like to go back to my regular gynecologist one day. Bittersweet I suppose.

Well once again I cannot thank you all enough for you support. I am so glad you are hear to listen and what a comfort it is to read another thread where someone is thinking just as you are. Or they have the same questions, fears and thoughts. I feel very welcomed. Thank you.

I promise to post more often.

All my love and prayers,

Kathy

TVH 4/4/02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2002, 05:08 PM
Checked out Okay!

Hi Kathy, I am so glad that all went well . Your Dr sounds like an angel, I think that is half the battle won, when we have a Dr that we like and trust. Best of luck and please do post more often , we do like to hear from our 'cancer girls ' . love and hugs always to you x x x
Unread 05-06-2002, 07:04 PM
Checked out Okay!

{{Kathy}}

Welcome, welcome!!! I'm so glad you posted on how your checkup went. I hope you'll continue to post in the future.

We always love to hear how everyone's checkups go and yeap, we've all had some form or another of the "cancer head". I'm glad to hear you have such a great Dr., that's so important to feel confident in your physicians.

I hope your recovery continues to go well and you'll continue to get nothing but great checkups from here! Keep us posted.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2002, 11:34 PM
Hi Kathy

Welcome and So glad to hear that your appointment went well. That is super.

Keep taking good care of yourself. And let us know how you are doing, okay?

Unread 05-07-2002, 10:13 AM
Glad Things Went Well for You

Having a you like and trust is SO important!

We all get that "cancer head" (a term I love!).

Please join us often if you have questions or concerns or checkup jitters (very normal). Great group of women!

I always do a when I hear good news.

Ellen
Unread 05-07-2002, 10:38 AM
Checked out Okay!

What great news! That ought to put that 'cancer head' away for awhile.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register