5/23 ladies! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-07-2002, 06:06 AM
5/23 ladies!

Hey girls,
Seems we could start a club of our own! LOL I am sure our numbers will grow as our date gets closer. 15 days. <whew> How is everyone doing? Anxious? Sleeping ok? Fears? Would love to know how everyone is doing as the date approaches! Thinking of you all, and hoping things are going well for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2002, 06:14 AM
One day off

Tracy,

Can I join your club, too? Please. There are only six girls scheduled on the 23rd and six on the 24th. I'm early on the 24th, if that gets me any brownie points toward membership.

I am very anxious. My favorite people right now are my dh and my bio sister, who know that every single thought out of my brain is related to my surgery.

My sister is doing a count-down with me and constantly making little comments about how great my life is going to be post-op.

I am so happy to go to bed each night, knowing that in the morning I will be one day closer to surgery and a better life.

Nancy
Unread 05-07-2002, 06:25 AM
BIG HUGS!

Hi Nancy! I made this post because as the day approaches, newer sisters are coming in with the same date. Sometimes it can be hard to find all the threads for the people having the same date! So far, there is you and me and lisa and beme and deb. This way we can kind of keep track of each other day by day. Are you scared? I have the same feeling each night of closing the day and being that much closer to getting it over with!!! LOL...Glad to have you here. Are you packed yet? <smile> I am, with a note on the bag reminding me of the last minute things. I find the more things I do to prepare, the less I have on my mind. Like you, the surgery is ALWAYS at the front of my mind. <even while making love> I wonder if it will be the same following the surgery so I am paying more attention to the feelings. I know....silly huh? But what if it is different? And I am concerned about the hormones! Will I tolerate them? Will everything go alright? How will my family manage while I am healing????
You keep good thoughts in your head and write anytime. We are all in this together. Thank goodness for the ladies here. If not for them, I would talk hubby deaf, dumb and blind about nothing but the surgery! Have a great day, nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2002, 06:39 AM
So much in common

Tracy,

I think I figured out part of why this site is so comfortable. I have connected with other LIW because their date is on/near mine. I have connected with some because they live in the same general area (east coast hystersister blast in preliminary planning stages now-see VA roll call); others because they have the same symptoms leading them to the same type of surgery; others because of family likenesses. It's just so great!

I am packed. My dh made a comment about having never seen me this organized before. I told him if I could do some things to feel ready, I was going to do them. I should make a note like you have, because there are a few miscellaneous things I need to pack at the last minute. My date has seemed so far off until just this week.

I have two ds still at home, 14 and 16 and have been trying to prepare them for my recovery. They don't seem too concerned, which worries me because they have never seen me when my activity was limited. They say all the right things, but I think in the back of their mind they are saying "Mom won't really need our help, she always does everything."

I am so glad you said you even think of surgery while making love! I did that this weekend and thought I was totally obsessed! I guess it's not crazy. There could actually be some changes--for the better, I'm hoping, if that's possible. Then there's the abstinence period immediately post-op. It seems this surgery just affects every single aspect of our lives.

My mother is in a nursing home less than two miles from my house, but I know I won't be able to go see her every few days immediately after surgery. She has Alzheimer's and I'm so afraid if she doesn't see me often, she won't have a clue who I am when I make it back. I think I'm going to have to make that my first outing.

Nancy
Unread 05-07-2002, 06:55 AM
Hi again

I do feel like a fruit loop sometimes,and hubby agrees. He says he still loves me while i lose my mind! My 13 yr old really hasn't said much. The ladies here think it might be fear. Children see their parents as being invincible and it is hard for them to see us "down" be it physically or mentally. I think they will come through for you because in front of the fear is the love. I hope mine comes through for me too! I am a planner and an organizer. It helps me to think clearly if I have a plan. I am even doing some "spring cleaning" to help myself stay busy. I don't work outsdie the home at this point, which I think is a blessing. It would be one more thing to feel guilty about at recovery. I am concerned about the abstinence during recovery. I have been married 15 years and we are still very active. The ladies here say there are things you can do to still stay intimate. I would be concerned about orgasm <not to be blunt> before the 6 weeks because i don't want to take the chance of hurting the healing. Painful intercourse followed by spotting is what really sped up my decision for the surgery.
We will all just be nuts for the next two weeks or so. At least we can come here as often as we want to vent and share our concerns. I wish there were more post-op stories with DETAILS! LOL Even though I know each person has a different experience. We will all do fine and join the rest of the ladies on the other side in no time!
Unread 05-07-2002, 07:14 AM
Hugs!

Hi Ladies.
Saw this post and had to reply. My surgery LAVH/BSO was last year on 5/23/01. I usually hang out in the Hormone Jungle!
Hope to talk to some of you in chat!
Good luck to all of you!
Gina
Unread 05-07-2002, 08:06 AM
5/23 ladies!

It's just that my list keeps growing at the bottom as I cross things off at the top (is that a definition of life?)

I'm thinking that the list of surgeries for that latter part of the week will probably not grow too much, as we are heading into Memorial Day weekend. Has anyone wondered about what affect the holiday will have on length of hospital stay? I'm thinking it may delay a release until Tuesday.

Pellice
SAH/BSO
Unread 05-07-2002, 08:37 AM
Hi May Flowers!!

I've been sitting here at my desk at work reading this thread while I sort through faculty evaluations and wanting to post so badly!! I finally decided to take a breather, and here I am.

Tracy, you mention already being packed. I keep packing and unpacking! And I've bought two robes and aren't happy with either, so I'm probably going shopping again this weekend for another. (The pink one I bought last is short and makes me look like a fat little pink pig.! )

The other stuff I have packed keeps getting dumped out because I need to look for stuff that's in the bag. Last night I did pack some cosmetics, but will probably unpack them tonight if I hold true to the pattern I have gotten into.

I don't know what's up with this indecisiveness. Can't find a robe, can't get packed, sheesh, I may never get anything done at this rate! Usually, I am so organized!

I hadn't thought about the Memorial Day holiday postponing our hospital release. I'm hoping to go home on that Saturday, actually.

Anyway, it's great to have other Ladies to talk to who are all going through the same experience in the same time frame. Hang in there, May Flowers.

We'll make it! Just two weeks and part of one day!

Big s to each of you!

Lisa

Unread 05-07-2002, 08:46 AM
Out on Sunday

My dr. said surgery Friday a.m., released on Sunday. Hey, if they work on weekends and holidays, they should be able to process a release as well.

I figure it was meant to be, my dh and both ds will be home on Monday, my first full day home after castle stay.

Nancy
Unread 05-07-2002, 08:56 AM
5/23 too

Hey guys! I'm having surgery on 5/23 too. And I am sooooo looking forward to it. I haven't packed yet. I haven't even thought about what to take. Any help on this please. I know to take pads with me. I won't need any cosmetics. A robe, sweats, t-shirts, what else? I'm really getting anxious and excited about finally getting this over with.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register