5/23 ladies! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-07-2002, 04:46 PM
Hey Tracy

I will definitely be thinking of you as you go for that test tomorrow (and saying a big thank you that it's not me! ) Let us know how it comes out. (No pun intended!)

The pain I was having yesterday is almost non-existant today. My mom gave me some Darvocet and I took 1/2 of one last night. No more pain (except when I leaned over to pick up my shoes off the floor.) I'm not used to taking pain meds, so that little bit helped a lot.

Well, I'm off to pack again. Then unpack again. And pack again. Gotta stay busy.

Talk to you ladies later!

(There was one more, Beme or something like that. She got her date this morning, but her date on the calander is wrong. Says March 23, instead of May 23. Seems like there were a lot of new ladies joining today. Must be an epidemic or something or are they having a special on hysterectomies this month? Two for the price of one? But one, get one free?)

s to all the May Flowers!

Lisa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2002, 04:48 PM
PS

The June ladies can be the June bugs.
Unread 05-07-2002, 06:16 PM
Ok...so ONE more post tonight

I know I know. I am suppossed to be doing other things. Hubby is fishing tonight. So I am kinda playing hookey. Which of course means I will have more to do tomorrow! LOL So long as I stay busy.
Lisa,
You absolutely crack me up. pack and unpack and pack and unpack. You had me thinking about it so much that I had to double check my bag!
I like the June Bugs. You should post that on a new post. I think it's kinda neat to give the "group" of the month a nick name!
Okay..so once more,,,goodnight, goodnight and sweet dreams!

PS. I'm gonna HATE this test tomorrow! <UGH!> Taking cranberry extract to hopefully ward off the dreaded UTI!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2002, 06:42 PM
Okay, I suggested it...

May Flowers and June Bugs. Now it's up to the other sisters whether they like it or not. (The ladies after June will just have to think up their own nicknames, I'm out of ideas.)

I can't seem to stay off this board at all today. I don't even want to watch TV tonight, I just want to hang out here with all my Hyster Buddies.

I did manage to pry myself away long enough to make my pink tummy pillow with pink ribbons on the corners. It's cute. And works very well too, I might add.

Oh well, I'm going to go take a hot bubble bath by candlelight. I'm sure I'll be back here in, oh, twenty minutes or so.

Ta Ta May Flowers,

Lisa

Unread 05-08-2002, 05:31 AM
May Flower

Wow! These things are so cute. Thanks. I'm learning so much on this site. I will definitely e-mail you with my number too. It is getting close. I go for my pre-op next Tuesday. And guess what? I finally stopped bleeding yesterday although I don't know how long THAT will last. It happened before so I felt good and went to ride my bike and when I came back home, I was soaked again. I'm afraid not to wear a pad just in case I start again. This is crazy. I'm still taking the Aygestyn the doctor gave me and my iron pills. I'll be so glad when it's over.
Unread 05-08-2002, 05:46 AM
May Flowers

Hooray! I'm a May Flower, too. I love it. I was a brownie when I was a little girl, and belonged to a volley ball team when I was older, but this group is sooooo cool!

Thanks for coming up with a name for us, so we really feel like an exclusive club.

Nancy
Unread 05-08-2002, 06:06 AM
5/23 ladies!

Hi May flowers.

This is my list of what I took and what I used~

I took:

Sweats, my pillow from home with a soft t-shirt pillowcase, 1 nightgown, 1 pair of pj bottoms and 1 shirt, 2 pairs slipper sox, 3 magazines, MP3 player, hair dryer and brush, makeup, contact stuff and glasses, regular sox, playing cards, chapstick, 2 bras, 4 different kinds of underwear (as I didn't know what kind of incision I would have) maxi-pads and panty liners, candy for the nurses and cards for the doctors, "A" man and nurses.

I used:

My pillow, 1 nightgown, 1 pair of pj bottoms and 1 shirt, 2 pairs slipper sox, 3 magazines, MP3 player, contact stuff and glasses, regular sox, chapstick, playing cards, 1 bra, 2 pairs of underwear, candy for the nurses and cards for the doctors, "A" man and nurses. I used a pad in my underwear for the ride home, I have a horizontal incision, so that helped pad me. Also, hubby brought the candy and cards on the day after surgery and made me a splint pillow out of a sheet wrapped tightly and strapped with tape. Was wonderful to have! Helped with the bumps on the road and getting off the couch! I wore the sweats home.

Sara
Unread 05-08-2002, 08:30 AM
Hello flowers!

How is everyone doing today? Ups and downs I imagine. I just posted a new topic on the board for bladder test that are done before hyst for possible bladder repair. Not up to posting it again here. I am not sleeping. I am very tired! Can you relate? LOL Also have no appetite. Guess I am more worried than I thought. At any rate, I am a bit down today but I really think it's just lack of sleep. Maybe I will go into surgery already feeling like a zombie! Hugs to all. I hope everyone is hanging in there alright.
Unread 05-08-2002, 08:41 AM
Hey Hister Bud!!

I'm sorry you aren't feeling up to snuff today. I'll go read your other post about your bladder test.

Get some rest, take a hot bubble bath, couch-potato it for awhile and pamper yourself. You deserve it.

Just hang in there, only two weeks from tomorrow.

(I'm still flying high from either that Darvocet I took, or the Heavenly Hash ice cream I've been feasting on for two days. Mmmmm, chocolate!)

Sending you a great big !

Lots of love,

Your Hyster Buddy

PS I wish my appetite would desert me! I'm starving right now, and it's still 20 minutes until lunch!

Unread 05-09-2002, 04:17 AM
Hi ladies

Sorry I was such a downer yesterday! I was just so tired from not sleeping. I slept through the night last night. A first since I found out about my surgery! All is well today. 13 days to go. <whew> How is everyone today? let us know. lisa,
How is your pain doing?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register