5/23 ladies! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-09-2002, 04:57 AM
Hey Tracy

I'm glad you got some much needed rest. I haven't had any trouble sleeping, other than my normal having to get up three times a night for bathroom breaks (by-product of the fibroids.) I sure won't miss that!

I've noticed since I stopped with the caffeine, that I've been sleeping better. But I do get tired in the afternoons at work.

The pain I was having is mostly gone. My tummy is just somewhat tender when I push on it, but, to quote a famous line in "Mommy Dearest", then don't push on it!

Hang in there, ladies. Two weeks from today we'll be beautiful

Much love and s,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2002, 06:54 AM
Lisa

So glad to hear your pain is better! It would make waiting seem even longer if you were very uncomfortable now. How is your stress level today? I can't believe you ahve no trouble sleeping! I'm jealous. May be I'll try the hot bath and a glass of wine tonight. Hubby will be out fishing so I can kind of veg if I want to. Have a great day!
Unread 05-09-2002, 07:38 AM
Hey Tracy

My stress level isn't too high today, maybe a 3 on a scale of 1 - 10. I am feeling kind of down today though; maybe I'm having chocolate withdrawal from my Heavenly Hash ice cream I've been munching on for a week. I also kind of got upset at the thought that I may have offended someone or made them feel excluded with that May Flowers, June Bug post. I didn't mean to leave anyone out. I didn't even think about that possibility.

Sorry you haven't been sleeping well. Try taking a hot bath about an hour before you go to bed. That always helps me. (The glass of wine sounds good too.) Exercising early in the evening helps too, but who wants to do that?! I'd rather couch-potato and watch TV.

Oh, by the way, I unpacked again last night. My tummy pillow was on the bottom of the bag, and I was afraid it would get squished. I'm going to repack tonight, then lock my bag in the trunk of my car so I can't get to it anymore.

Hang in there, girl. We're getting close to castle time. We'll make it. (After today, we'll be saying we've only got a week and a few days!)

s

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2002, 08:37 AM
Lisa

I LOVE the may flowers/june bug nicknames. I really don't believe you offended ANYONE! Or made anyone feel left out. Look at ALL the replies you got to that wonderful post. You only had one that questioned the possiblity of anyone feeling left out. Your sense of humor has lifted me and alot of our other sisters at times when we really needed a good chuckle. I posted a reply there as well stating as much. You keep doing what you're doing, sister cause you are helping all of us get through this with your whimsical style! And we love you for it. It's great to feel others are putting a positive spin on things and anyone reading your other posts can see that you would never dream of excluding anyone. We are ALL LIW no matter what the date may be. You GO GIRL!
HUGS!
Unread 05-09-2002, 02:05 PM
Thanks, Sis,

After Kathy explained it, I understood what the concern was. Guess I just didn't think of it that way.

Hope you're doing okay today. How's your nerves? Do you feel better today after sleeping well last night?

I've been so busy here at work that I haven't had much time to think about anything. Guess that's good. I have a feeling my sleepless nights are coming though.

I'm out of ice cream too. Good for my figure, not so good for my nerves.

Take care and hang on tight. Two more weeks to go! (Not even that long, now!)

Lisa

Unread 05-09-2002, 03:18 PM
Hey sis

Nerves are so-so. I have moments when I a clam and moments when I feel panicky. Hubby is being great about it though. It has been a blessedly busy week. Has your DR mentioned anything about hormones? When is your pre-op? Mine is 5/15 following that bladder test. Told hubby that this time in two weeks I would be resting comfortably in my room and pain free. <I can wish> He laughed and said "Pain free! HA!"..No help there. Go get some more ice cream if it makes you feel better! Have a great night. I'll be thinking of you and all our other sisters.
Unread 05-09-2002, 04:56 PM
Hey Tracy

I haven't really even talked to my doctor since the first week of April when we scheduled my surgery. (Though I sure have bugged the heck out of his nurse.) According to her, if my ovaries are in good shape, he'll leave them, since I'm only 39 and nowhere near menopause yet. It all depends on what he finds when he gets in there. But she said he will be taking my cervix. Which is okay too. I don't need it.

My pre-op isn't until May 20, just three days before. I don't know if that is good or bad. It just still seems like a long way away.

Have a good evening, Hyster Buddy. If you need me, I'm here. (And ice creamless.)

s

Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register