I got my date! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I got my date! I got my date!

Unread 05-07-2002, 12:32 PM
I got my date!

Well I got the call this morning at work telling me I am scheduled for TAH/RSO, left ovary already gone, on June 19th at 7:30 AM. I posted yesterday that they wanted to do it on May 24th and I lost my mind. I have a lot going on with my daughter in school and I really need a few more weeks to prepare for this.

On one hand doing it in May, I wouldn't have too much longer to wait but I had pretty much convinced myself if I could wait until June that's what I was going to do. So I will join the ranks of the other punctured princessess on June 19th.

They also informed me besides blood work that I had done last Thursday, the pelvic ultrasound this Thursday, and the edometrial biopsy on the 21st, I also have to have an IVP and barium enema done 7-10 days before surgery, on top of any preadmission tests that the hospital will do a few days before surgery. YIKES!

This is the same doctor that operated on me many years ago and he knows that my insides are spider-webbed together and everything was adhering to everything else, so he said he doesn't want any surprises. I guess I would worry more if he wasn't so thorough. He is also going to have a general surgeon on hand just in case there are any problems.

Well, I really am a LIW now that I have my date. Now I have to go order my crown and shirt and hystersister book. Thanks for listening everyone.

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2002, 01:23 PM
New LIW

Hi Donna,

Well it's official now. When we get our date, part of us wants to scream YOUPEE!! because we know that now whe can get on with the rest of our lifes but another part of us is OH NO! this makes it soooooooooooooo real and panic sets in.

We always have so much to do and naturaly think of others before ourselves. But from this point on Donna, YOU are at the top of the priority list. Your Dr. inspires confidense, he wants you to have alot of test before your hyster so he can be sure he has no surprises. That is great. Best thoughts, take care,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register