Adenocarcinoma in-situ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenocarcinoma in-situ Adenocarcinoma in-situ

Unread 05-07-2002, 01:28 PM
Adenocarcinoma in-situ

Hi, this is my first post and I am looking for women with similar circumstances. I have not seen any mention of a hysterectomy due to cervical "cancer." I had my first abnormal pap less than three years ago and am now facing a hysterectomy. My doctor did a cervical biopsy and did not have "clean" margins so she wants to do another. Based on the results of the second biposy, she recommends either a simple or a radical hyst. The decision is made based on the extent of the abnormal cells. She says I do NOT have cancer but there are no stages between what I have and cancer. I had my tubes tied with the first biopsy but I am concerned about side effects from the hyst. Bladder issues are my main concern. I am interested in if anyone had a bladder sling done to help with incontinence. Did it help? I have convincied myself that my sexlife wont change. My husband is being very partient with the recovery time from the first biopsy, but a second and then a hyst., I hope he can handle it. Any advice on what you can and cant do in terms of sex while healing? I was afriad any stimulation no matter how it happens could affect internal healing? Am I nuts? Would love to hear your thought on my situation - I am only 29 and a hyst seems extreme, but I dont want cancer.
Stace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2002, 02:05 PM
Adenocarcinoma in-situ

Hi Stace, welcome to * cancer concerns * , there are quite a few ladies who have had their hysterectomy because of this. At the top of the page there is a FYI post - our dianosis and on it there is a list of girls who have had cervical cancer . Please feel free to email or message any of them. They are only too willing to help and support you.

I had my hyster due to CIN3 which is the stage before cancer ( although my oncologist now tells me it was cancer ) either way it was frightening to be told . But remember a hysterectomy is usually all that is needed to remove the cancer.

I didnt have a bladder sling , so I cant help out there but I suggest you post this concern on the * pre - op forum * where there are alot of ladies who have the same questions . Of course I am sure someone else here will be able to help you , too.

The sex life....... I was advised nothing in the vagina until 8 weeks post op...... I think I waited 10 as I was very scared . It is very important to follow Drs orders on this as you will have many stitches inside that must be allowed to heal . If you have sex too early there is the possiblilty of infection . You can also post this question on pre - op as well. It is quite a common one

Please post whenever you need some support , you dont have to be alone in all of this . love and hugs to you x x x
Unread 05-07-2002, 03:26 PM
Just like me!!

Hi there Stace!

I too had an abnormal pap due to Adenocarcinoma-in-situ, am 29, married, no kids and facing the same challenging questions you are. Although I only had one cone and the margins were negative, the recommended course of action from all I have spoken to (5 total Dr's) is a simple hysterectomy. They say have children now if I want them and then have the hysterectomy, but there are no guarentees that the cancer won't progress in that time as there isn't a sure fire way to track it - they can only try their best to monitor it. The hysterectomy is ineveitable I am told.

DH is trying to be as supportive as possible, I love him for that, but it is such a difficult and stressful time.

I read that you had your tubes tied...so perhaps the child bearing isn't a concern? But I know what you are feeling about the "illusiveness" of this cancer. We are I guess considered Stage 0 and for me any stage is bad and I am leaning toward the hysterectomy.

I think it is hard for some men to comprehend what all of the healing and all of that "stuff down there" is all about.

I don't know much about the Bladder Sling - but would be happy to talk furthur with you - e-mail me any time!!

OXOX

Swooz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2002, 03:31 PM
By the way..

Here is a link to my first post here reagrding Adenocarcinoma-in-situ and what some of our "sisters" had to say to help me!!

Good Luck! E-mail me anytime!!

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=58575
Unread 05-07-2002, 05:30 PM
Adenocarcinoma in-situ

Thank you everyone for your responses. I am learning more than I think I wanted to. The word cancer keeps showing up and that is frightening. I guess since I have two children it is a no brainer to have the hysterectomy. I also apologize for posting a question that had the answer in the web site. I was just so thrilled to find a site that had real situations and real people. I am scheduled for my first biopsy follow up on May 21, and we are scheduling the second biopsy at that time. I will let you know what happens.

One question i did have that I haven't asked my dr. yet is about HPV. I had a postivie HPV/DNA test and i was concerned that my hsband and i would keep passing it back and forth even after the hytercotmy. Is this possible? I just would hate to go thru the hyst and then get "reinfected" with HPV and start over with more "cancer" in new places. I know there is no treatment for HPV so this probably a moot point, but any thoughts would be sppreciated.
Thanks
Unread 05-07-2002, 05:36 PM
Adenocarcinoma in-situ

Welcome Stace!

You are so not alone and have come to the right place with your concerns. I am twenty nine and single and had adenocarcinoma in situ of the cervix. I had a total vaginal hysterectomy in early april and have not had any complications whatsoever. I feel that not having an incision has helped my recovery quite a bit and for that I am thankful. I know it's just my story only..... but there is some hope that things can work out without complications. Praying, reading and posting hear on this site has been a tremendoud help I cannot stress that enough. Each person is very different as well as there medical situations. I too had all of your concerns and I found so much comfort with hyster sisters. Let us know how it's going. Please feel free to email me.

All my love and prayers,

Kathy

TVH 4/4/02 for ACIS
Unread 05-07-2002, 05:41 PM
Adenocarcinoma in-situ

Hi,
I sure wish I could answer your question about HPV. I have researched and researched this, yet the information is conflicting. I think it is so new and the research is changing daily. I think I'm more up to date then my dr!

I have one of the high risk HPV's. I never even knew I had it until 1 year ago. Then, I was diaganosed with CIN3. I had a TVH last July..already have 4 kids. I asked my dr the same exact question about my husband...she said he probably already has it...(though you'd never know!) so there is no reason to think we'd be reinfecting each other. She said your cervix is more suceptible then most other places.

I would love to know what your dr says.

I'm just trying to keep my immune system strong to keep this HPV in check.

Of course, these are just my opinions, always check with your DR!
Unread 05-07-2002, 06:36 PM
Adenocarcinoma in-situ

Hi Stace, HPV is certainly a controversial subject and as you say there are so many differing opinions on it.

I found this link that has a little bit of info. for you that may help.

http://www.baymoon.com/%7Ehpvinfo/li...6hpvcontag.htm

It is such a good idea to try to keep your immune system boosted as much as you can. My radiologist said that HPV is really an unknown factor , it can even just disappear on its own ( what I think of that is that if the immune system is strong enough it will 'kill' this virus. There are so many natural products that you can take to help this. Green tea is one that is fairly inexpensive and obtainable.

Dont ever apologize for posting what might seem to be a duplicate, you need 'live' support and it is great to read all previous posts but nothing like your very own personal support from others love always x x x
Unread 05-09-2002, 10:47 AM
Adenocarcinoma in-situ

Hi,

I had a TVH in 11/01 for what was believed to be adenocarcinoma in situ but ended up being adenocarcinoma stage 1a. A total not radical hysterectomy is recommended for "in situ" usually.

As for the HPV I was told that after the hyster there is a slight chance of reoccurance in the vagina. My internist has me taking high doses of folic acid as a preventative measure. I've also read that pycoginol another supplient might also be effective.

-Denise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register