uh, thanks doc. not! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

uh, thanks doc. not! uh, thanks doc. not!

Unread 05-09-2002, 08:25 AM
Yahoo for you!!

Jo,

I'm so glad that things are going better for you.

Obviously, your regular dr. knows you better than the gyn. Too bad she can't do the surgery!

Thanks for letting us know things are looking up. Soon you can start polishing your crown, for you'll be headed to the castle to become a princess!

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2002, 08:52 AM
doctor vs. insurance co.

My doctor back in the spring of 2000 told me nothing short of a hysterectomy would help with my fibroids because my uterus was already the size of 17 weeks of pregnancy, and in his experience, if the uterus had passed the size of 12 weeks, BCP would only feed the fibroids and make them grow faster. I told him he would have a problem getting the insurance company to agree to the hysterectomy because the fibroids had been a pre-existing condition, and I only had insurance for 3 months then, following a stretch of 4 months with no insurance. More than 63 consecutive days without insurance means starting over with the pre-existing condition exclusion, which can last 12 months or 18 months, depending on the insurance company. My doctor at first said he should have no problem convincing the insurance company that I needed the surgery, because even though the risk of cancer was small, it increased with really big fibroids, and he had just found a cancer in one relatively young patient with a big fibroid. He also thought my chronic anemia would help to convince the insurance company to pay for the surgery. But the insurance company wouldn't even spring for Lupron treatment. For a long time I was mad at that doctor because I figured he hadn't tried very hard, but when I saw some of my medical records recently, I saw that that doctor had submitted 18 pages of my records in support of my claim, and I think his efforts helped to get my current insurance company to pay for the hysterectomy. Unfortunately, I moved to a different state in between, so my surgery was done by a different doctor and my original doctor didn't get any benefit from his efforts, but I am sorry I blamed him for the original denial when he really did work on getting me approved for surgery.
Unread 05-09-2002, 09:07 AM
uh, thanks doc. not!

One thought - GO KL!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2002, 10:04 AM
uh, thanks doc. not!

Margarita- I'm sorry you got stuck in the pre-existing loop. I just hope I have the stamina to outlast the insurance company. They do have a way of wearing one down.

And yes, uh Lisa! KL is awesome. She's one of the only reason I would ever think cloning was a good thing.

Maybe Nancy, I could think about maybe thinking about maybe opening the cabinet to get out the crown polish. LOL I'm not ready to celebrate yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register