6 days away | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-07-2002, 06:18 PM
6 days away

Okay ladies I am now 6 days away and I feel like I am losing my mind. The only thing that is at this point keeping me sane is the fact that just for one minute I had to focus on my exams in college and all. I am getting so many mixed reviews about what I should do. I have those that say do not do it because the HRT will not work with me right away and I may be well a little or a lot depressed. I have no idea what to believe at this point. I am at the point in my life where I have all the children I want and the pain is getting worse and I know that this surgery will end the pain (I hope), yet a part of my body is screaming that once I do thisit will be forever and no going back. I guess this is what you would call last minute jitters. I am asking my husband to keep me busy up until Monday so that I do not have to stress about it. The dr put me on some med to calm my panic attacks. Okay I vented enough. I guess I should just stop talking to people who say "I know such and such who had this done at let me tell you....." you know the rest. Again thanks for being that ear in times such as this. This wekend was completely horrible. I was a complete wreck, basically blaming everyone for all this. Fear is an ugly demon. I prayed about this and I know that God lead me to the wonderful dr that I have. The one I was to go to called the day I was scheduled and said since I had seen someone else he refused to see me. How childess is that??? Well, I could not have found a dr with more of a heart and always there when I call to answer my questions. He does not his nurse and that means alot. Well this got way too long way too fast so I will sign off for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2002, 06:47 PM
6 days away

Hi, Shawna -

First of all, take a deep breath and relax.

Last minute jitters and feeling like you're losing your mind are normal ;-). Sounds like you have a wonderful doctor whom you trust, and that is really important in my mind.

Who ARE these people giving you horror stories about whether HRT will work with you right away? No one can know for sure..some women do have problems - I can only tell you my experience. I got a patch in the recovery room and started on pills the next week and I'm fine!
And if you want to listen to a "I know so and so who had this done and let me tell you.." story, listen to mine. I know someone, too - ME! And I had it done and I'm doing just FINE as far as recovery. And so are lots of others.

I think people often tell you that "they know someone who" in order to try to relate better to what you are going through. Unfortunately, the stories either end with 1 - the person who had the WORST time recovering, which of course scares you even more or 2 - the person had no problems at all and was back to work the day after surgery doing construction work, so you feel like a wimp when you're taking the time you need to recover. AAARGGGHH...just keep telling yourself they mean well, and don't let it get to you.

Hang in there!!

Cheers,
Unread 05-07-2002, 06:50 PM
Big Hug

Hi Shawna,

for you.

Just hang in there, time will go before you know it, and once you're on the other side, you'll be so glad you made the choice you made. It will be so worth it when all of the pain you have had is gone and NEVER comes back.

Nerves and fear are normal, so is second guessing yourself. Waiting is the worst part, as we've been told many times. You are not alone, you have us. And we are always here to listen when you need to talk. And of everyone else you will talk to, we understand the best, because we've been there, we are there, and we know what you are feeling.

Rest easy, all will be well. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register