Surgery cancelled this morning!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery cancelled this morning!!! Surgery cancelled this morning!!!

Unread 06-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Surgery cancelled this morning!!!

My surgery was supposed to be this morning. I had waited three month for this day. Spent the last five days giving my self lovenox shots twice a day, did a fleet enema last night. Checked into the hospital at 5:15 am, was in the preop ward , got my gown on, had my I've put in which they had to try both hands because of my small veins but they got that in. Then the anasthialogist came in a caught a discrepancy in a ekg given in March from the one on June1 and says I may have had a silent heart attack. With that the surgery was cancelled until I get clearance from my cardiologist. I'm beyond bummed. But there is a reason God knows why it wasn't the right time. So now will see my cardiologist and take it from there. Feel like crying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Re: Surgery cancelled this morning!!!

I would be more upset that I might have had a heart attack, my husband has a heart condition and we live in fear of that happening. Sorry hun, I've been canceled for surgery before, it makes you lose all faith in the medical world.
Unread 06-08-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groky View Post
My surgery was supposed to be this morning. I had waited three month for this day. Spent the last five days giving my self lovenox shots twice a day, did a fleet enema last night. Checked into the hospital at 5:15 am, was in the preop ward , got my gown on, had my I've put in which they had to try both hands because of my small veins but they got that in. Then the anasthialogist came in a caught a discrepancy in a ekg given in March from the one on June1 and says I may have had a silent heart attack. With that the surgery was cancelled until I get clearance from my cardiologist. I'm beyond bummed. But there is a reason God knows why it wasn't the right time. So now will see my cardiologist and take it from there. Feel like crying
groky,
I'm so sorry things didn't go as plan this morning. And it's okay if you cry as well. I'm also glad your anesthesiogist caught it beforehand. It's better to be safe than sorry and your life is worth a little more waiting. Once you get a chance to see your cardiologist things will move more smoothly. Hang in there we're here for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2015, 10:26 AM

I guess it is good that the anesthesiologist caught the problem, but I would be beyond frustrated too. Especially after doing shots and the enema! I hope they resolve things so that you can get back on the schedule quickly.
Unread 06-08-2015, 11:16 AM

Thank you all for your kind words. Just made an appt. With the cardiologist for Thursday 3 pm. So I'll see then what's going on. Will keep you all posted. Thank you again for responding.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register