My Story | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-08-2002, 02:53 PM
My story

ok.

I'm slightly drunk, but vodka with ginger beer and watching football (soccer to you lot) does the trick.

My name is Denise, I'm 30, live in south wales, uk and I've got my pre-op on may 15 and go into hosp on may 21 for my op on may 22.

Right then ...... my story cos I need to get it off my chest.

I was sterilised at 23 I add this because I feel it has some contribution. I was married at the time to an abusve husband but had 2 beautiful kids. He insisted I got sterilsed. Anyway, afer the op I came to my senses and left him. Have since remarried the most wonderful man who has a daughter from his 1st marriage. Anyway all junk aside, my DH has taken on my kids cos their biological one - bloody heck I spelt it right - disowned them 5 years ago.

Anyway - several dodgy smears and colposcopys later, plus laparoscopy's and all the other icky bits you can think of - I've got my date. Unlike the US, the UK has the National Health Service - which in theory is great - in practce is not so great. I've been on the waiting list for 14 months.

The op is scheduled for 2 weeks at last, got my letter a couple of days ago, have just found this site and read as much as I can. I am terified. I'm only a baby as mum put it but then she would. My kids are 8 and 9, they understand but the logistics of kids that age and trying to get everything organised are a nightmare. Anyway, as I said before, I am a bit tipsy and although I registered on this site as soon as I found it, I had no intention of posting.

DH has gone to bed with a tummy ache - oh bless him - and I thought what the heck - it might do me good. Its 10:45 pm UK time, a bit early to be slurring my words but I've gone past the point of no return, I've done the spring cleaning, the everything, just wanted to et it off my chest as you have all been able to. In the morning I'll have a hangover and huge regrets ........ hey but thanks for listening .............

All my love to you bravest of ladies ............ If I can have just one ounce of what you have to get me through the next couple of weeks ....................

Thank you
Denise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2002, 03:04 PM
LOL!

Oh you sweet thing.. you made me laugh really good, which I haven't done in a while. THANK YOU! Good luck to you and wishes for an easy go of it.
Unread 05-08-2002, 04:02 PM
My Story

Awwwww

I hope you feel better now that you have gotten it off your chest! No need for regrets! We all go through the different stages (including fear), and this site is the perfect place to "let it all out".

Take Care and Chin Up

We are here for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2002, 06:29 PM
My Story

You are a breath of fresh air!

Vodka and ginger beer! I loved ginger beer as a kid and enjoy the odd vodka as an adult - I shall have to try the combo! No regrets, Welshie - truly - acceptance is the norm here.

I've been being a sorry-sack, poor-me, whiny-wimp lately and to hear that you were on the waiting list for FOURTEEN MONTHS!!!! makes me embarrassed by my recent self-indulgence.

I spent alot of my life working in a shelter for women fleeing abuse and am thrilled to hear that you've found a" keeper" after your marriage to such a controlling man.

I'll be thinking of you two weeks from now and I hope that you continue to post and let us all know how you're doing.

Take really good care of yourself, Welshie,

Cecee
Unread 05-08-2002, 06:48 PM
My Story

That must be awful. A friend of mine fought the insurance companies here for 2 years before she just had it done. (She had 3 opinions, all saying she needed it, and the ins co denied it.)

Good for you, getting out of the abusive marriage. I also learned I didn't have to take that. (Duh, I did for 26 years. )As they say here in Pennsylvania Dutch country, I'm too soon old, too late smart.

Happy hangover.
Unread 05-08-2002, 06:50 PM
Hi

We are having our surgery's on the same day. I have to have my uterus and ovaries out. Not sure about my cervix (not sure if spelled right) and I'm 32. I'll be 33 on the 28th of this month. So we are close in age. Gosh to hear that you have been waiting for 14 months, bless your heart. I hope you have a wonderful surgery and a speedy recovery. I'm so glad you found this site. I'm new too and these ladies are a godsent. I have gotten alot of answers. They have really helped me, since I've found them I'm not afraid to have this surgery.
Gina
Unread 05-08-2002, 07:44 PM
My Story

Denise!

Your post made me grin-- and shed a tear. Thank you for opening your heart and sharing your life and thoughts and fears. We here have gone the gamut of emotions... this is definitely the place to let it all hang out!

I know it's hard to believe at this moment, but the wait will soon be over and you'll be getting ready to don that shiny crown! Please stay in touch on the boards, or in chat. The hystersisters are an incredible bunch of ladies, without whom I'd have barely kept my sanity.

Oh, and by the way... I just LOVE the welsh sense of humor! :-)

Love and blessings across the miles,
Karen
Unread 05-08-2002, 08:02 PM
So HAPPY to have you with us!!!

Hi Denise!!!

So glad you decided to join us, and let it all hang out!! I can empathize with you about the younguns. I'm 33 and mine are 4, 6 and 9. My sis and sis-in-law will be taking them for a week each after the surgery, so that is two weeks I'll be kid free...won't know what to do with myself...oh yeah, heal!!!

Anyway, You can say anything here, and no one will mind!! Trust me, we've discussed it ALL!!! We've laughed together and cried together, and have been made all the stronger because we share everything!!

's to you!! There is a light at the end of that tunnel, and it's not another train coming to de-rail you!!!

We will all be praying for you and thinking of you!!

Cheers!!!
Unread 05-08-2002, 08:17 PM
My Story

Hi Welshie!

to you and a big welcome
Your post made me chuckle and shed a tear...and my hubby says that the Welsh are a dark dreary lot with no sense of humor! What do ya expect coming from an Englishman! (he can be such a wanker at times!)
You make sure you keep us all posted! WE CARE and want to help!
Hope you don't feel tooo in the morning!!
Luv Ya!
Unread 05-08-2002, 08:31 PM
My Story

Hey Denise,

I am so glad that you found this site - I remember sitting at my computer night after night looking for answers and never expecting the support that I would finally find here -- thank God I did find this place!

We each deal with this life changing situation differently - and how we handle it will certainly change from day to day. I am 3 months post TAH --- found the site 3 months pre-op --- and in that time I have met many great sisters, vented to my co-workers, friends and family (more than they ever wanted to know), dealt with the particulars of a TAH with my DH and DD, and most certainly have had those nights of numerous bacardis!

Hang in there!
Janet

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register