Pre op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-09-2002, 01:12 PM
Pre op

Pre op went great overall!

Bad news:
Apparently uterus/ovaries/etc are too high, no bikini cut here
Taking everything due to family history.

Oh, my appendix is on my left side instead of my right, guess I'm a weirdo!

Good news:
I get the general anesthesia
I get 6 WEEKS off work and he won't budge lower
I get 2 weeks working from hom from my boss

s to everyone!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2002, 01:16 PM
Sounds great

Starwalk,

Everything sounds great! Guess you had your list of pre-op questions ready for dr.

My boss is allowing me to work from home, too, when I feel up to it. Since I am on this site at work now, guess any time spent here post-op should count as work, right? LOL.

You'll be a princess soon.

Nancy
Unread 05-09-2002, 01:20 PM
Pre op

Starwalk, are you sure you're not Vulcan or something with that weird anatomy? Good luck with your op and recovery.

Oh, and you WILL see a motorcycle parked outside a psyciatrists office, but it's not the doc's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2002, 01:55 PM
teehee

no, it's the not doc's, or a patience, it's the harley that lost it's muffler.

my other car is a valkyrie!
Unread 05-09-2002, 02:11 PM
Hi Starwalk

Glad the pre-op went well.

And glad that you will have lot's of time to be a truly Pampered

See ya on the otherside

P.S. Somehow this thread got duplicated. So I removed the other one.
Unread 05-09-2002, 04:44 PM
Pre op

My other car is a Shadow. Now that I'm feeling better, I'll have to wrestle it away from my ex and get the starter fixed. (vroom vroom) Ok, so it's not a Harley, but I don't get shaken like a maraca when I ride it.
Unread 05-09-2002, 07:36 PM
Pre op

You are definatly not a weirdo for the appendix being on the left. So is mine. Do you have a mal-rotation of the large intestine? Thats what I have, my entire colon is on the left side of my body. My GYN won't do the surgery without a general surgeon there.

I am glad that the pre-op went so well for you. I am still waiting for my date. It seems that some office worker in an insurance company gets to decide whether on not I have suffered long enough. Hopefully I will get the date soon. Waiting is so hard. Good luck to you and post and let us know how you are afterwards. That is when you are feeling up to it.
Unread 05-10-2002, 09:57 AM
left vs right

Nope, it's just on the wrong side.

Starting to get nervous now, waiting for the hospital to call and verify the time I'll need to be there on Tuesday. So much to do, and so little time - I already know nothing's going to get done, this is all I can think about!

Pondering having DH leave after I get my room prior to surgery, the doc already warned I won't be able to get a word in to him edgewise because of all the people that will be stopping to poke, prod, and ask the 100 questions over and over.

Any opinions on this? How about hospital visits by relatives - I have one that wants to stop by Weds, but I don't know if I'll even want them there, especially since they have this "wearing out the welcome" thing that they always do...
Unread 05-10-2002, 10:13 AM
Pre op

I suggest you have very few visitors. My dh and mom were by the next day, and that was about all I wanted.

You'll sleep most of the time and either rest, eat, or pee the other time and you'll be uncomfortable enough that more visitors will tire you.

Tell relatives to wait until you're home, then stop by with a dinner or coffee cake for a few minutes. You won't feel like having long visits for a while.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register