Peri menopausal with total hysterectomy (kept ovaries) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Natural Meno Post Hysterectomy - Kept Ovaries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Peri menopausal with total hysterectomy (kept ovaries) Peri menopausal with total hysterectomy (kept ovaries)

Unread 07-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Peri menopausal with total hysterectomy (kept ovaries)

Hi ladies,

New to the boards in dire need of advice. Don't have any females in my predicament to discuss this with. I'm 40 partial hysterectomy kept my ovaries. Started with peri menopausal symptoms a month ago. Night sweats, hot flashes, brain fog, loss of libido, headaches, etc. Went to OB I wanted to go the natural route my doctor suggested estrogen patches. I am sensative to medication so I was put on 0.05 miligrams I have been on the patch 2 weeks these symptoms are brutal. Weight gain, still have hot flashes, unbearable hip and leg aches. Swollen feet and legs, mood shifts very quickly, very swollen tender breasts. I am miserable. I assumed it would get better it's gotten worse for me. My question is this are there natural remedies to make me feel more " myself" versus this estrogen patch?? Im very nervous taking this estrogen.Any info is greatly appreciated ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylaanne01 View Post
Hi ladies,

New to the boards in dire need of advice. Don't have any females in my predicament to discuss this with. I'm 40 partial hysterectomy kept my ovaries. Started with peri menopausal symptoms a month ago. Night sweats, hot flashes, brain fog, loss of libido, headaches, etc. Went to OB I wanted to go the natural route my doctor suggested estrogen patches. I am sensative to medication so I was put on 0.05 miligrams I have been on the patch 2 weeks these symptoms are brutal. Weight gain, still have hot flashes, unbearable hip and leg aches. Swollen feet and legs, mood shifts very quickly, very swollen tender breasts. I am miserable. I assumed it would get better it's gotten worse for me. My question is this are there natural remedies to make me feel more " myself" versus this estrogen patch?? Im very nervous taking this estrogen.Any info is greatly appreciated ladies.

I take bio identical progesterone. No side affects. Sleeping much better. Less anxiety. Haven't tackled weight gain however... Still 15 lbs since hysterectomy ugh. You have to find a dr who works w bio identical hormones. They are natural but compounded at a pharmacy.
Unread 07-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Re: Peri menopausal with total hysterectomy (kept ovaries)

I didn't have my uterus removed in my 40s as you did, but had perimeno symptoms at age 42. I tried everything imaginable to help, creams, injections, patch, vaginal suppositories, etc.
What I might mention is that in perimenopause, your hormones are all over the place. Some days they produce low levels and other days are high. What I found is that it is very hard to get good consistence when they are bouncing.
Apparently, that patch dose is making things worse for you. You could try a smaller dose patch. Has your doctor run any blood levels, just to see where you are? Sorry you are struggling as none of this is fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2015, 11:15 PM

I agree have your hormones tested....
Unread 08-10-2015, 11:21 AM

Are you still going through this? I am 37 and had everything taken out but my ovaries. I am having night sweats and sometimes breast pain, and insomnia. Just curios if you figured it out
Unread 02-14-2017, 08:33 AM

I have been going through the mood swings for 5 years and elusive periods.I have been on a antidepressant for years because of anxiety and depression but that started when my parents passed away and then I got peri menopausal.I have not had serious hot flashes.I have gotten warm though . My hormone counts are weird. I have no testosterone, a measurement of 2 for progesterone and 104 for estrogen .I am hoping when i have the hysterectomy my ovaries don't die and then all of the sudden I get worse symptoms. I am 48. In my late 30's is when I got my acne onslaught and laughed until I cried. $0's mood swings, then elusive periods .Now my uterus is escaping my body etc. So I will be having the hysterectomy tomorrow vaginally and keeping my ovaries.( removing cervix and uterus)
Unread 03-06-2017, 12:15 PM

I just had prolapse surgery but kept my ovaries. I am menopausal (65 yrs old), having gone through it the old-fashioned way. A good friend of mine, who is a nutritionist and thought I lost my ovaries offered to make some recommendations for how to replace what I would be missing through supplementation, even at my age. If you can find a nutritionist who qualified and knowledgeable, he/she might be able to advise you.
Unread 03-25-2017, 09:41 PM

I was the same only I had a multitude of symptoms including burning tongue, gum problems, rashes and more... I was losing my mind and asked to try the patches and everything has been pretty good until the last month.
I get breast tenderness every month but this month in particular they are really sore just to touch. I have had an itchy scalp and shoulders again as well. Just had a rectocele repair 3 weeks ago so when I go back for my check up in 5 weeks I'm going to ask for a second opinion from the gyno.
Hoping I just need a new dosage or change to something else...

If you're concerned and you can get back to see your doctor, you should ask to try something else maybe or get your levels checked again.

The joys of being a woman never seem to end!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register