New here... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-10-2002, 10:36 AM
New here...

I am feeling guilty about having the surgery. I know that it is something that I need to do. Sex has been very painful for me for about seven years now. I have tried all the suggestions that everyone has givin to me. Nothing has worked. My husband feels like a jerk afterward. I tell him it is not his fault. Hard for him to believe that when I am curled up in a ball trying not to cry. Anyway I have an overly sensitive cervix and since my uterus is tilted he is always hitting it. My mom and all my sisters have the same problem. To get back to the guilt problem. I take care of five kids during the day not to mention my own kids. The parents will have to find somewhere else for the kids for a month. My husband and my mom will have to take time off work to take care of the kids. I am not even having the surgery until August to accomadate them taking the time off of work. I am always the one taking care of other people. I am not use to having to get help. Do you think that I will be down for six weeks? I have been working out and trying to loose weight before the big day in hopes that it will help with recovery time. Maybe I am just being silly. I don"t know. Thanks for listening to my ramblings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2002, 10:49 AM
welcome!

You've found the right place to let loose, and we're glad to have you here

My doctor told me I would be out for 6 weeks, if I liked it or not. Some more, some less. I'm assuming you have a home day care with a lot of little ones. What are their ages?

If you want, please email me. I have a friend that's had a hyst that knows what it's like trying to take care of the gaggle of kids after having it done, and I can relay advice if you want.

[email protected]

Take care, and don't overdo it!
Unread 05-11-2002, 02:55 AM
luvdbygod

Welcome to Hystersisters.

Come here anytime to vent or ask questions. That is what makes Hystersisters such a great site. There is no such thing as a dumb questions or comment, everything is discussed.

Don't feel guilty about having/needing this surgery. It will give you a better quality of life than you have at present. I am now 5 months post op and I can share with you, it is the BEST thing I have ever done for me and my body. Do I miss the cramps, pain, bleeding (and I can tell you I mean bleeding), backaches, numb leg - DEFINITELY NOT.

I have to agree with Starwalk - 6 weeks is "normal" healing time. Some take a lot longer, but mostly 6 to 8 weeks. I don't look after any children as my ds are both grown. Any help you can get post op, accept it readily. I was out of work for 10 weeks. I could have maybe gone back at 6 weeks post, but even at 10 weeks, it still knocked me about heaps (and I wasn't chasing children around).

Take care of yourself and listen to your body. Even though early post op you may feel fine, there will be a lot of internal healing going on which does take time.

All the very best wishes for your operation and recovery. Keep reading and keep asking questions. The chat room is also an unreal place for support and to ask questions with ladies "real time".

Regards

Gail
aka buckkieofoz
aka HSChat Gail

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register