Putting A Lid On It!!! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Putting A Lid On It!!! Putting A Lid On It!!!

Unread 05-12-2002, 06:38 AM
LOL!!!

Brandee,

I loved your reply to your brother-in-law!!!! Maybe I'll try that one out on my friend before he leaves (or anyone else who displays unsupportive behavior!)

Thanks for the laugh!

s

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2002, 06:58 AM
Good Morning Hyster Buddy

How are you doing today? How is that pesky pain you've been feeling? 10 days to go. Tomorrow we will be in the single digits. <whew> Sometimes the time goes too fast! And then sometimes it just creeps by ever so slowly. I loved the PMS comment about haivng one more bout with it and not being afraid to use it. She cracked me up! Told hubby and he grinned because I also have one more PMS cycle left in me. I hope you are doing well today and not feeling too stressed. I have not encountered ONE person who has belittled my major surgery. I have only told family and close friends. All have offered to help pitch in with anything my family or I might need. I feel very blessed to have such a tightly knit support system. With the exception of my 13 yr old who seems to be getting a better idea of what will be happening to me. I have always, always been there for those who are close to me. They all keep telling me that it's my turn. Do I still feel guilty about that? You bet! Weird isn't it? Anyway, I'll be thinking of you and hope your days flies by! <Big Hugs>
Unread 05-12-2002, 07:02 AM
Putting A Lid On It!!!

Don't be too hasty though, you mighty regret it later. I'm now 5 days post op and could not have made it without my really physical friends. The ladies here are great and a wonderful support but they can't hold your hand at the hospital or bring you cookies or cook supper for your family after its over. Yes people, including my own real sisters made some stupid remarks, I was also way hyper sensitive to everything right before my surgery.
It is a big deal, it is major surgery, both my doctors and the nurse reminded me of that all the time in the hospital and when I left.

You're going to need some friends around you when you some home, my best friend , who I know had gotten sick of hearing about my hysterectomy and I had hurt feelings because of it really came through for me this week. She lives across the street and has brought me a hot lunch every day, fresh mashed potatos and ham and veggies! And the first morning came over with a basket of puzzle books, and new pjs and my favorite cookies, and much as we love the gals here at hystersisters. they can't do that! So relax, and take a deep breathe, I can tell you that yes, waiting is really the worst part. Find a good friend who will listen and tell her you know you are driving her crazy but ask her to be patient, it will be over with soon, and after all you still have us.

The other thing you might want to do is to ask them why they think that a hysterectomy is not major surgey and them either dazzle them with your vast knowledge of the subject or completely gross them out details.
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2002, 07:06 AM
Kathysue

I'm so glad to hear your recovery has gone so well. Family and friends really can pull together at times like these. Thank you for reminding us how very important our "real time" relationships are. You sound quite blessed with such a terrific best friend! Here's to continued good recovery!
Unread 05-12-2002, 09:27 AM
Putting A Lid On It!!!

Lisa,

I am so sorry that you cannot talk to even your "best friend", but we are all here for you! I was on this site EVERY night for 2 months before my surgery (even before I knew I was having the surgery) and even though my mom was a great support, nothing compares to the support here! I can relate to the insensitivity you are getting from the people around you, my DH was pretty rude a few times before my hyst....I posted a few times on divorce LOL!! But he came through for me....my mom brought me home from the hospital and he was in the process of doing laundry and vaccuuming the house when we arrived! I agree now with the ladies that posted to me, he was scared! I am now almost 4 weeks post op and feeling great! I quit talking to my friends about the surgery about a week before, just felt like everytime I talked about it, they acted like I was burdoning them with my problems....just keep coming here and you will get all the support you need! Best of luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register