Abdominal Binder - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal Binder Abdominal Binder

Unread 05-15-2002, 12:26 PM
Can't locate a tummy binder

I am having a heck of a time trying to locate a tummy binder. I tried locally and I tried this site's suggestions on this thread. One site only had one size and it was latex. The newer site had where I could purchase in Pgh, PA near me. They have only one size (small). Any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2002, 12:49 PM
Tummy Binders

Jackie,
Check with the hospital that you will have your surgery at...if your dr will order it post-op your insurance co. should pick it up. I know surgeries other than hyst. require abdominal binders so the hospital should have them in a variety of sizes.
Sitting Here With My Binder On!!!!!!

Unread 05-15-2002, 06:02 PM
Thanks

Thank you Halo Girl. I will do that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2002, 04:02 AM
Binder

My pre-op was yesterday and I asked DR if he usually gives a lady the blessed binder. LOL He said "Noooo. Do you want one?" Yes oh yes please!!! He gave me hug as we left the office and said, "Whatever makes you comfy my dear." <whew> Had one with the c-section and it was terrific. Can't imagine this surgery without it! Ask Ask Ask...
Unread 05-16-2002, 02:56 PM
Abdominal Binder

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you all know that I absolutely love my tummy binder. Mine is the velcro kind and is my friend! My surgery was Monday, and my tummy is now smaller than what it was before surgery. It definitely helps keep the "apron" of skin off the staples. I am very lucky however, didn't have the coughing and only vomited once during a hot flash, and recommend that you ladies in waiting try the teflon guaze on your staples to help keep stuff off of them. Mine tucked quite nicely up in there. I am not sure about going out and buying a binder - mine was provided by my dr and hospital. You might want to check with your dr or hospital and see if yours will be provided by them too. Just a suggestion before you start hunting for one or spend money unneccessarily. ('scuse the spelling, just got home today!) Hope all goes well!
Unread 05-17-2002, 12:29 PM
To Jackie Sweeney

Re the abdominal binder, I had posted the website a few posts up, but I'll be more than happy to post it again. Please click on the underlined words: www.SoftForminfo.com. Once you're there, click on abdominal binder and I believe you can order it directly online or perhaps ask them if they have a distributor near you. (I got mine from Suncoast Pharmacy Medical Supplies in Florida). It really helps! Good luck Jackie.
Unread 05-17-2002, 03:57 PM
lil more binder talk

Hi, Ladies,
I must have overlooked this post, seeing that it began several days ago.... (seems I'm missing a lot these days)

Anyway, one of my past students stopped by to visit me the other day because she heard thru the grapevine I was having surgery. As we talked I asked her what advice she had for me concerning surgery because she was out of school for two months this year with a serious appendectomy which required two surgeries. Her advice was Get A Binder! She is still wearing hers.

I'm going to ask the doctor ASAP.

As always, sending good thoughts your way,

Lynn
Unread 05-17-2002, 06:27 PM
Thank you all Hystersitsters

I talked to my doctor today. He is ordering a tummy binder for me at the castle. Thanks so much for all of your advice. I really appreciated and needed the support.

Thanks again. I love you all.

Unread 05-18-2002, 03:46 PM
I am getting one

I spoke to my doctor Friday. He is going to have a binder for me at the castle. I was so excited. You would have thought someone gave me a present. Ha! Ha!

Thanks for all of your help everyone. Your great.

BIG

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register