It's soon. I'm weepy. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's soon. I'm weepy. It's soon. I'm weepy.

Unread 05-11-2002, 12:38 PM
It's soon. I'm weepy.

Help !!!! My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday May 14, 2002. I have been very, very, busy up to this point with college finals, and a three day business trip. Now I have a little more time to think, and I'm so weepy. Just as I accepted that I will have the hysterectomy, the last Dr's visit revealed that he was considering "potentially" taking the ovaries. Even though I am 46 years old, I never wanted that. So he changed the consent form to "potential retention" of the ovaries. That is, if they are NOT abnormal, they can stay. It just gives me one more thing to worry about. I am already concerned about how I may change after the surgery. I don't want to worry about what I will be like without ovaries, and on HRT. I can't believe I'm so weepy. Maybe it's just the last minute blues.
Fayrskye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2002, 01:18 PM
It's soon. I'm weepy.

Wow, I am feeling the stress as well. I have my college finals on Tuesday , then surgery (hopefully)- on Thursday, 5/16. I am doing okay, busy studying, but notheless, I am still preoccupied thinking about it. Hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Unread 05-11-2002, 01:38 PM
It's soon. I'm weepy.

Thanks Grayce. I do believe there is light at the end of the tunnel. The best to you on your finals, and surgery. Aren't you glad we have this website?
Fayrskye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2002, 01:41 PM
It's soon. I'm weepy.

Hello Sister,

I am 43 and had my Hysterectomy on 4/9/02.
I still have my right ovary.

I also went through some crying spells before the surgery. I was worried about dying and what would happen to my dog, and my friends. But Alas,,,,,,,,,made it through with flying colors.

One thing I found to be of the utmost importance, to me. Crushed Ice! When I woke up in my room at the hostpital, after the operation, my friend offered me crushed ice, I found it to be most refreshing. My lips kept sticking to my teeth, and when ever somebody came to visit me, they would feed me crushed ice.

Another thing I found to be important when I got home. Metamucil.

I seem to not know what it means to "take it easy". On Thursday I was kinda stretching out and pulled some stitches. I started hurting and bleeding so I went to bed. I called the doctor today and have to go in on Monday. This, of couse has set my healing back. And I am hoping that I don't have to go back into the hospital. So, when they say "take it easy" they mean it.

Don't worry about crying, It's OK! Even healthy.

I hope you have someone going with you. It helps alot!

Good luck!

Renee
Unread 05-11-2002, 02:00 PM
It's soon. I'm weepy.

Hi Farskye,
You'll do great. I have been a weeping person one moment and then a horrible person the next. My emotions are awful right now facing my May 13 surgery.
Thankfully, my hubby is very supportive and DD at 7 seems to understand why I keep biting her head off, my patience level is freezing and temper is HOT. I suppose it is just facing what is about to happen because I am not normally this way.
I think what we are going through is very normal.
To help me, I have exercised A lot in the past 3 weeks, today planted all my flowers for my front garden, I am already sore. I laugh especially when DH says he has to get at least 4 more weeks work out of me before Monday HA HA. Today we worked our butts off in the yard, DD had playmates all day and now we are going to cook out for my last big meal. Hubby's best steak. I know without a doubt that I am in my best shape ever and after the surgery and recovery, I will be so much better and a happer person. Keep thinking positive thoughts!
Best wishes to you
Susan
TAH/BSO 5/13
Unread 05-11-2002, 06:33 PM
It's soon. I'm weepy.

Hi there, I remember feeling the same way you did. Will they take both ovaries, if they do what HRT will they put me on? What if it doesn't work? Arrrrrghhhhh you can make yourself nuts!

I finally decided that I trust my doctor completely and I would let him, and his years of expertise make that decision.

Trust me, you WILL do great - everyone says waiting is the hardest part and guess what? They are right. I wish I did this 2 years ago.

I'm 3 weeks and 2 days post op and I've never felt better.

My prayers will be with you hon. Breathe deep and only think positive.
Unread 05-11-2002, 07:19 PM
It's soon. I'm weepy.

I know how you feel. I teach high school and the kids tell me tha I used to be nice, but now I'm mean. And I have almost 2 weeks to go. My surgery is scheduled for 5/24. I'm getting very nervous and worried.
Unread 05-11-2002, 07:59 PM
You are not alone

I know how you feel. My surgery is still 3 weeks and 3 days away...lol. I am angry one second and bawling the next. I'm 27 and they are taking my ovaries. I too and very concerned about not being who I am on HRT but with this website and my sisters we will make it through this together.

27 years old. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, lap in April, vericose veins covering uterus, TAH scheduled for June 12th.
Unread 05-11-2002, 08:08 PM
It's soon. I'm weepy.

Please don't worry about your ovaries. If they are abnormal you don't want them! The average age of menopause is 50. I just chose to look at this like, if I were to keep them, they would begin to give me more symptoms..and I would probably be on hormone therapy anyway. But, maybe I would never find a good balance because my ovaries would always be decreasing their output with age. Did you intend on going completely through menopause without any help from hormones for night sweats, etc? There are new ones to try and many of the sisters here are so pleased with their hormone therapy.

Without the ovaries, you can find a hormone balance and stay with it. Without the ovaries you will not have to worry so much about ovarian cancer...the silent disease.

And yes, you are right, you are going to change after surgery...you are going to be so much better. Please look at this surgery as a second chance. We are so lucky to have good doctors and technology. My grandmother and her sisters suffered so badly. Be as informed of your choises as possible and let your doctor take care of you.
I can hear how worried you are but ...this is what we women do...we worry and we are good at it.

Breathe deeply,
Maralyn
Unread 05-13-2002, 10:00 PM
Thank you

Thank you to all of my new dear sisters who replied to "It's soon. I'm weepy". I really needed the encouragement. I woke up this morning with shaky legs and arms. At the end of my work day I started hyperventilating. My husband says, "Just think this time tomorrow it will be all over". I don't know if I like the sound of that. So I'll say, this time tomorrow the task will have been completed.
Signing out. Show time is 7am ( Six hours from now). I just wanted some last minute bonding.
Fayrskye

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register