YIKES! 29 and need a hystorectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

YIKES! 29 and need a hystorectomy YIKES! 29 and need a hystorectomy

Unread 05-11-2002, 02:28 PM
YIKES! 29 and need a hystorectomy

I have just found out that I will have a hystorectomy scheduled in the next month or so and I am very scared. I am 29 and have a loving group of friends and a wonderful live in borfriend. My mom has agreed to come up for my surgery for the first week. I want to know more about pre op and all that. I have read some post here and gotten some questions answered but still very scared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2002, 02:35 PM

Hi Jlr, I am 29 also and had my hyster. on april 9th, 2002. I had endo and varcous viens on my ovaries. What advents have happened to have your doc and yourself to decide on this surgery? If you would like you could email me and talk about your upcoming surgery. Good Luck
Unread 05-12-2002, 12:18 AM
Welcome!

Hi, jlr! Welcome to HysterSisters--best site for support and comfort and info! Sorry to hear you will have to have a hyst, especially at your age, but if it is necessary for your health then it will make your life better. If you are the least bit questioning whether that is your best option, it is advisable to seek out another dr for a second opinion. This is major surgery and cannot be reversed. There have been quite a few younger hystersisters, and most of them have done fine, without serious complications.

That's great you are finding helpful info here, and reading and posting questions. If you click on the 3 princesses up at the top of the page, you'll find the pull-down menus for Ladies in Waiting. There are lots of stories and hints from past princesses, as well as a list of questions you may want to ask your dr. Pre op usually includes an exam by your Gyn, blood and urine tests, possibly an EKG and chest xray. Sometimes the dr will also order ultrasound or bladder tests if there are areas the dr has questions about.

I'm glad you have a group of caring friends, a wonderful boyfriend, and a helpful mom who will take care of you after your hyst. You will be a true pampered princess! Continue asking any questions that you have, and we'll try to answer them. We'll see you through this journey. s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2002, 07:56 AM

Hi,

I am 25 and am having a hyst on 5/23. What i did, before Pre-op even happened, was to do some research on both the hyst and the problems that I have. It gave me an idea of what my questions were. I kid you not, I have been in to see my doc three times in the past two months with LISTS of questions each time. And questions still pop up even now.

My advice is to know exactly what is going to happen, get informed, and then ASK QUESTIONS! Remember, doctors get paid a lot so answering our questions is their job.

My actual pre-op appt was mainly getting labs done and speaking with anesthesia and signing consents...it wasn't exactly the experience I thought it would be. So I made a last appt with my doc for the week before just to have my concerns addressed.

Hope this helps!
Unread 05-12-2002, 01:50 PM

Hi Jlr

I can understand being so scared. I'm 27yrs and having surgery next month too. My suggestion is to keep reading the posts and anything you are still wondering about just post a thread and ask. This is a wonderful place to ask questions and the answers are all from women who have been there or going through the same thing as you.

Keep reading and if you feel your self freaking out just come on in and let us help.

Kerri
Unread 05-12-2002, 05:32 PM
29too

I am 29 also. I had my tah May 3. I have been home a little over one week. I have a very conservative dr and he has advised me to stay home for the first two weeks, one trip up and down the stairs daily, frequent naps and lots of water. Over the weekend, I have because of boredom, over did it. Feeling the effects today. MY abdomen is very sore and I am very tired today. HOwever, I am doing very well. The first few days were rough and I was so miserable in the hospital that I thought I'd never recover...but I have and I am already feeling the benefits. My back no longer hurts everday and that by itself was reason enough for the surgery.

After my dr recieved my pathology he called to give me the report. My abdomen had developed its own blood supply and he said it was as if I was having a miagrain everday in my uterus. I also had fribroids and a major cause of adnomyosis. He also removed my appendix...turns out I also had chronic appendicitis. Feel truly fortunate that that was caught and removed.

If you have any questions, i would be happy to talk to you. I know when I first decided on surgery, I was scared to death..the age thing is a big deal. But I have one child and wasn't planning anymore. I am happy with my choice and I know it was the right one for me and my family.

Good luck and many prayers.

Let me know if you need to talk.

Andee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register