Complex lesion of left ovary, non visualization of right ovary | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Complex lesion of left ovary, non visualization of right ovary Complex lesion of left ovary, non visualization of right ovary

Unread 07-28-2015, 03:51 PM
Complex lesion of left ovary, non visualization of right ovary

Hello sisters! It's been a while since I posted. A brief history, my hysterectomy was in 2012. My cervix and ovaries were left. In 2013 I was dx'd with thyroid cancer with mets. Had a TT and partial neck dissection and did a round of radioactive iodine.
My yearly obgyn exams have been fine. About 3 months ago, I started having symptoms such as inconsistent bowel movements, frequent urination, lower back pain, unexplained weight loss of about 15 lbs, feeling full after eating a small amount, fatigue and slight pain in my hip areas. I also have MS and my neuro had wanted me to get an exam by my obgyn to rule out ovarian cancer. Had an ultrasound done last week, results read as follows:
Left ovary measures 1.5 x 1.4 x 1.4 cm and contains a complex 1.4 x 1.3 x 1.3 cm. lesion. Further evaluation by MRI is recommended. The right ovary is not visualized.
Firstly my obgyn found the measurement of the ovary to be off considering the lesion was approx. the same size. He said he didn't think an MRI was necessary as it wouldn't tell me anything more. So pretty much he left it up to me....wait 3 months to see if it grows or disappears or if I am a worrier, have the ovary removed. Needless to say after going thru the thyca nightmare a few years ago, I am a worry wort, so I not sure what to do. I have read most cysts are nothing to worry about, but it's hard for me to do that. Has anyone had a similar experience? I know that the thyca has nothing to do with my ovaries, but it did spread to lymph nodes, so that darn C word is always lingering in my mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2015, 09:43 AM
Re: Complex lesion of left ovary, non visualization of right ovary

I am sorry you've had one cancer and are looking at possibility of another. My FP told me, once you've had cancer you aren't more likely to get another but are more likely to suspect another. I know that's true for me. Seeing a GYN onc is the way to go in this case, since they are the experts. Have you had an opinion from a GYN oncologist? If possible to see one, I think it would help with a decision, if the recs are the same. I agree ovarian ca is something that is best diagnosed early, so waiting can be stressful. I hope seeing a GYN is possible, please keep us updated.
Unread 08-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Complex lesion of left ovary, non visualization of right ovary

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy8763 View Post
Hello sisters! It's been a while since I posted. A brief history, my hysterectomy was in 2012. My cervix and ovaries were left. In 2013 I was dx'd with thyroid cancer with mets. Had a TT and partial neck dissection and did a round of radioactive iodine.
My yearly obgyn exams have been fine. About 3 months ago, I started having symptoms such as inconsistent bowel movements, frequent urination, lower back pain, unexplained weight loss of about 15 lbs, feeling full after eating a small amount, fatigue and slight pain in my hip areas. I also have MS and my neuro had wanted me to get an exam by my obgyn to rule out ovarian cancer. Had an ultrasound done last week, results read as follows:
Left ovary measures 1.5 x 1.4 x 1.4 cm and contains a complex 1.4 x 1.3 x 1.3 cm. lesion. Further evaluation by MRI is recommended. The right ovary is not visualized.
Firstly my obgyn found the measurement of the ovary to be off considering the lesion was approx. the same size. He said he didn't think an MRI was necessary as it wouldn't tell me anything more. So pretty much he left it up to me....wait 3 months to see if it grows or disappears or if I am a worrier, have the ovary removed. Needless to say after going thru the thyca nightmare a few years ago, I am a worry wort, so I not sure what to do. I have read most cysts are nothing to worry about, but it's hard for me to do that. Has anyone had a similar experience? I know that the thyca has nothing to do with my ovaries, but it did spread to lymph nodes, so that darn C word is always lingering in my mind.
I had a similar situation: cysts on one ovary; other ovary not visible in tests. Some of the cysts were benign, but one was precancerous, so I'm glad it was removed. My other ovary had shriveled up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register