A tampon fell out of my purse today..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A tampon fell out of my purse today..... A tampon fell out of my purse today.....

Unread 05-12-2002, 03:22 PM
A tampon fell out of my purse today.....

I was at the park today enjoying a nice picnic with my family and I got into my purse for something and a tampon fell out There were several men around too, but they all acted like they didn't notice, but still, it's a bit embarassing. I will never have to deal with that embarassment again

Just 6 more weeks to go and I should not have anymore periods, thanks to CBCP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2002, 03:33 PM

My worst was when a tampon was stuck in my checkbook while at Longs Drugs with a long line of customers behind me. Pulled out the checkbook and it flopped right out there on the counter. My 14 year old daughter who had been making eyes at the check out boy was humiliated enough for the both of us!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya.....I'm glad I won't have to deal with that anymore either.

Tamara
Unread 05-12-2002, 04:27 PM

No what is worse.....When one falls out of your purse and your post op TAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol. Don't forget to clean your purse out after surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. BTW.......I can relate to embarrised 14 year old daughters! Take care. Angela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2002, 04:53 PM

I can't wear tampons anymore. It's a waste of time. I go through them in 1/2 hour. So my purse is jammed with wrapped pads!!!!!!!! Stuffed full. Don't anyone open my glove box in the car either!!!!!!!!!! They'll fall out of there too.

TC
Unread 05-12-2002, 05:33 PM

TC, I went through ALOT of tampons to! And pads!!!!!!!And sheets, panties, towels(That covered my seat in my car!)WOW!!!!See what you ladies in waiting have to look foward too.......No more of that nonsence! Well Good luck. Angela
Unread 05-12-2002, 05:39 PM

Not having to deal with pads and tampons is definitely something to look forward to and well-worth the wait!

I'm six-weeks post-op and still do tissue and panty checks. Old habits are tough to break but it feels good to know that I don't have to do them any more. I've also been buying lots of light-colored clothes for this summer!

Hang in there. You're gonna love it!
Unread 05-12-2002, 05:49 PM

kab0922, WOW I had my TAH on 3/28!!!!!we share the same surgery date. Tell me something............did you go for your 6 week check yet?(I go tomarrrow)How are you feeling?(I feel GREAT)I can soooooooooo relate to the panty checks! And you are so right about the cloths..............We CAN wear white AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well take care. Angela

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register