Had to share with my hystersisters warning long | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had to share with my hystersisters warning long Had to share with my hystersisters warning long

Unread 05-13-2002, 06:54 AM
Had to share with my hystersisters warning long

After I had my D&C and lap. I wasn't sure what the doctor was talking about when he talked to my husband. I hadn't had my doctor follow up yet and was just tring to learn as much as I can. So I looked up ask the obgyn on the net and I found this one site. Sorry can't remember where it was but I asked them what they thought, this was April 28th. Well today I had this e-mail in my box when I checked it and thought oh my gosh how rude can someone be. Thank good I already talked to my doctor and found out what to do, cause I probly would of fell apart. I don't know if it's just me that thinks it rude. But wanted to share and see what yall thought. I know now if I have any questions to ask you wonderful ladies and don't go else where. I hope everyone is doing wonderful. I'm also inclosing what I wrote her.
Gina

Here is the e-mail:

Dear Gina:
First of all ,a 7 weeks size uterus is COMPLETELY
NORMAL after having 4 children, so stop worrying about
it. You have some engorgement of your pelvic veins,
BIG DEAL! It sounds as if your are suffering from
adenomyosis ( endometrial glands in the muscular wall
of the uterus). You might ask your doctor to try you
on trial of Lupron ( a shot which stops your period).
If this works, that is your diagnosis, and yes, you
will need a hysterectomy to cure yourself of the
problem.
Dr. **** *******

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 8:46 PM
Subject: enlarged ovarian nerves & enlarged uterus

Let me start off by giving you alittle info. I have 4 beautiful children and had a tubal after my last in 1998. Well every year since the tubal my body changes for the worse. Starting in Jan. of this year it was really bad. I hurt during and really bad after sex, I hurt when I have a bowel movement. The baring down hurts really bad in my lower stomach.(sorry for the gross details), I have really bad lower back and pelvis pain. And sometimes my left leg goes numb and feels achy. I really hurt so bad that I can hardly get out of bed about a week and a half before and then during my monthly. I use to never know when I ovulated but now I know. I hurt so bad I can't hardly walk and mostly lay around. That lasts for about 4 days. I had a pap done in Feb. and my uterus was abnormal and the size it would be if I was 7 wks pregnant. It was also tender. I know it's also tilted. My doctor try me on birth control but they did nothing. The only thing they did was almost stop my monthly. Well I had a lapascoptomy Wed. and my Dh said the doctor said I have enlarged ovarian veins in both ovaries, and he also said that he thinks the doctor said my uterus was fine. I had a D&C along with the lap. So can you tell me how did my veins become enlarged and what do we do about them. And why could my uterus be enlarged then and not now. I do know that I was fixing to start my monthly so could my uterus enlarge when I have my monthly and during ovulation. And would a hystortomy be the best to help stop the problems I'm having. I'm through having kids and I'm so tired of hurting that I'm willing to do anything to stop it. I don't go back to my doctor till Thursday. I'm just trying to get some idea of what I'm looking at and what needs to be done. I'm sorry this is so long and I thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I would also like to know if it's possible for your uterus to be enlarged one month then not the next. Can it keep going back and forth.
Gina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2002, 11:20 AM

Hi, Gina! I'm sorry you are having so much pain from your uterus. And it does sound like the dr who answered your question is pretty insensitive. It is a big deal to you if you have pain! I'm not sure what would cause the uterus to change in size from one month to another, but it could have something to do with pelvic congestion syndrome. You can go up to "search" at the top of the page and type that in to find past threads about this subject. Have you asked your Gyn about what he thinks is causing your pain? You also should ask him to check your ovaries during surgery, and if they look healthy to try to leave one or both. I see from a past post, that you say he wants to remove them both, but I didn't see if you had cysts on the ovaries or some other problem with them? It's good you are doing your research and I'm glad you are finding support and info here at Hystersisters! s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 05-13-2002, 12:44 PM
Thank you Ruthie

I'm not sure if my uterus is changing month to month. I went back this month cause I thought I was having a problem and he said it was still enlarged and very tender, but he told my husband after the lap that he didn't find anything wrong with it. Don't know if he just couldn't see or what. Hopefully I will know more when the test come back on it after surgery. He said he has to take my ovaries cause they are causing some of my problem. He said that the vains are severely enlarged and full of blood. Dumby me didn't ask why they are so full of blood. I figured it's cause they are either in knots or plugged up. That's one of the things I'll have to ask. I would weather him take them out now instead of later on down the road I start having pain again and have to go back into surgery to remove them.
gina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2002, 01:52 PM

gina, hi. I can't answer your questions about enlarged veins, or the uterus swelling. But I also had a tilted uterus, and my ovulation and periods were much worse after my tubes were tied. Actually, they were cut, not tied.

I had my tubes reattached awhile back to try and cut down on all the pain it had caused me, but all that did was cause more scarring, which led to a whole lot of other problems..and here I am, almost 11 weeks postop, with only one ovary left.

I, like you, spent most of the week around my ovulation in extreme pain, and could barely make it to the bathroom. In fact, it hurt the week before, and the week after, so the only real extreme pain relief I had was the week of my period, which although painful to the max, was still better than my ovulation.

I can still feel some discomfort now at ovulation,but it's almost negligible compared to the mess I was in before. It's like comparing a paper cut to having your leg torn off, in other words.
The pain was terrible before, and I was basically bedbound most of the time. Now,I carry on right thru everything.

Well,almost everything, I don't jog yet.

You are doing the absolute right thing in reaing everything you can about your reproductive system. I kept a sheet of paper and a pen next to the computer, and everytime a question popped in my head, I wrote it down. Please keep coming in and letting us know how you are.

Cynthia
Unread 05-13-2002, 03:10 PM
Cynthia

I had my tubes cut, burned and tied. I asked my doctor if my problems could be cause of the tubal, since that is when all this started. But he told me no it had nothing to do with it, don't know if I believe that. I really think some of my problem is cause by having that. I'm so glad to hear that you are out of really bad pain and can now have a almost normal life. What I mean is you still have some pain but it's nothing like before. I'm in alot of pain now as I just woke up hardly able to walk. I know it's cause I'm ovulating, but I keep thinking hey this is the last time I have to hurt like this. I can't wait till my surgery is over. Like everone said before the waiting is the worse. I'm sure you will be back to jogging in no time. I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one having this problem. Don't get me wrong I wish you wouldn't of had it, but now I know I'm not along.
Hugs,
Gina
Unread 05-13-2002, 03:21 PM

I too had a tubal done.. That seems to be where all of this started! I told my doc that and he didn't seem to agree! He is taking out the hulka clamps he put on my tubes, along with my entire uterus and cervix. I've had nothing but problems since I was FIXED!?!? Wednesday morning the problems will be gone! Good Luck to you! and... the response you got was not very professional or caring! how rude.. the comment "big deal" well maybe not to them.. but who are they to tell you that.. grrrr, that is so out there!
Unread 05-13-2002, 05:45 PM

Gina, I'm sorry you had that email waiting for you. It was very rude, but, have you gotten a second opinion from a doctor in your area? I had 4 opinions before I was comfy enough to have the surgery.

I too had a tubal and I think that there were adhesions before that as I had 2 c-sections. I never really noticed ovalation pain until I had a tubal done. When I mentioned it to the doctor that did the tubal, he told me that he cut one of the tubes shorter than the other and that's probably why!

I also had a tilted uterus. I have been told by doctors that it's a very common thing in women!

I am jogging, Cyn! Training for a marathon next year! Woo!

Sara
Unread 05-13-2002, 06:09 PM

Thank you Sara & sparkels. Boy I'm really not along here. Seems like the tubal thing was not good for all of us. Sara the e-mail was from a site I found where you can ask a doctor a question. Since I wrote that letter I talked to my doctor and I really trust his oppinion. I have been with him since 1995. He did an lap in 96 where I had a bunch of scar tissue. I'm so ready to have this surgery done. The pain is just taking over my life and I think that has alot to do with my depression. I'm on 300 mg Wellburtin. I take 2 150mg tables a day. I have talked to alot of women who had tubals and had no problem. But guess it just didn't like us.
Gina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register