Neuralgia llioinguinal - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Neuralgia llioinguinal Neuralgia llioinguinal

Unread 06-21-2002, 10:57 AM
Neuralgia llioinguinal

oh christina! i'm so happy you are finding some relief! i was wondering how you were doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2002, 12:23 PM
Stopping Inflamation and Spasms

20 years ago I was in an automobile accident that left me with a head trauma and a degrading situation in the cervical vertebrae.
My head was trapped under the windshield.
One doctor guessed that one of my problems might be occipital Neurlgia due to the upper vertebrae being so involved in the injury. That's why swimming was difficult for so many years.

Post hystrectomy I got belly and pelvic pain to match

Over the years the biggest relief I have found has been finding ways to stop the inflamation and surrounding spasms.

Now, how each person goes about that will be a very different process just depending on what their body respons to.
I have found that it's a regualar part of life to visit the doctor, the chiropractor, the accupuncturist, take herbs, suppliments and watch my diet, as when you have very deep pain the body simply won't tolerate much weight.
Yes, the weight issue is real important for people who are trying to live with chronic pain.
I have a friend who survied a broken neck.
He mended well and when he puts on any extra weight the pain is unreal.
Same with me too.
I just can't allow my weight to get more than 5-7 lbs over my body mass index.
I am very lucky in that my DH does my massage frequently
so I have my own in house body worker.
However, I can not tell you what I'd do if I didn't have access to so much physical therapy in addition to my medications.
I'd probably weep more than when I was a brand new hystersister on a bad day.
I think physical therapy and massage are a huge key along with all the other medical things being used.
I find that I get much better results from the Chiropractor than from the Accupuncturists.
In fact, I almost never see the accupuncturist any more.
I can understand the kind of extensive physical therapy that was mentioned a few posts ago working well.
Bottom line, when the body is going crazy with pain so much helps
because so much needs to be done.
If you think of your levels of pain and how bad they are and compare that to one doctor and procedure then it makes sense that our troubles might need more than one person or modality or even one medication to find relief.
As was mentioned in a previous post, chronic pain, which is a very real disease, that can and does eventually lead to other malfunctions of the whole body system.
At some point the body starts going tilt because it can't handle the intensity. So we have to remember to attend the other body systems too while fighting the war on pain.
It's an on going process of research, action and troubleshooting.
It requires day by day patience and diligent care.
But even with all of that, it is important to remember that tomorrow always brings us new hope as each and every day new things are being found to help so many of us who wander around in the lightening struck fog of pain gone bad.
I have even found that I need to monitor my choice of movies as scary movies or movies that cause me to tense throw me into unwanted spasms. I have literally emerged from an edgy movie with 5 days worth of headaches.
It's romantic comedy for me Ladies!
While I might complain about my harrowing expereince with my hyster'experience I can say this much.............
Through the whole new pain experience of hysterectomy land
I was introduced to Elavil which has been such a blessing.
No one had ever tried Elavil with me before.
No the pain is not completely gone.
I am past even wishing for so much.
But, I'm not throwing up from pain and their attending spasms either. I have actually ridden in the car with out a barf bag since the Elavil came on board.
Those are the things that give us hope.
Kamie
Unread 06-22-2002, 10:15 PM
TENS unit

Hi girls, have not posted in a while. Just got back from the castle. The TENS unit is electrical stimilation, it was also suggested by mypain management. I am also having the laproscopy done soon to look closer at those damaged nerves. I will let you all know how it goes. sss and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2004, 11:41 AM
ilioinguinal neuralgia

I also have this condition after having 2 c-sections and a herina repair. It is very painful and debilitating. I take neruontin which helps most of the time, although the pain never goes away completely. When I have serious breakthroughs of pain, I use Ibuprophen 800 mg. I hate narcotics and will rarely use them. I also have a TENS unit which is helpful except that it is a pain to get the electrode pads to stick to that area. I also find that I can use hot or cold packs.

I am not convinced that surgery or nerve ablation is the answer due to regrowing of the nerve or neuroma formation. So I feel this is something that I just have to keep working at.

I also have found counseling has helped a lot to figure out a "Plan B" for days when I can't do as much. Would love to hear from anyone living with with condition.

Thanks,
Tania

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register