urinating alot | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

urinating alot urinating alot

Unread 05-13-2002, 07:34 PM
urinating alot

Hello,
This is my first time posting to your site. I have been reading this site for about a week and I love reading what is going on in everyone's life. I am a 31 year old that has had alot of problems. I was first diagnosed with PCOS and put on Glucophage for at least 6 months but that did not work. I have been on every BC pill on the market and 2 weeks ago I was put on Aygestin which is a hormone pill. I had serious side affects from that pill. I go to the dr. tomorrow and find out what to do next. I went last Thursday and told him I was urinating alot and he tested me for a bladder infection. I go tomorrow for the results of that if I have a bladder infection he will put me on antibiotics and then send me home if not I think he is going to schedule my hysterectomy. Did anyone else urinate alot? Someone said that my uretus could be growing and pressing on my bladder, I urinate at least 10-15 times a day and 2-4 times a night. I have thankfully stopped bleeding but I am hurting alot in my lower abdomen and my lower back and down my left leg. I love your site and any info you have would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2002, 07:44 PM
YESSS!!

Hi Rhody

The joke around my house is - has it been 10 minutes yet? If so, find a bathroom for Mom. I actually had never related it to my gyno problems until I read some stuff on this site, so when I go to my Dr on Monday, I'm going to ask him.

Good luck

Elaine
Unread 05-13-2002, 07:56 PM
urinating alot

YES YES YES!

I had huge fibroids for many years, and my bladder was mashed up against my pubic bone. I, too, had to go constantly...giving urine samples was NEVER a problem.

You may have a bladder infection, but frequent urination is definitely also a result of many other issues. My best advise is to keep drinking TONS of water...it's good to keep your system flushed out and the bacteria on the way out.

So glad you found us...keep reading and post ALL your questions. This is the best place around for information, support and hugs!!

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2002, 08:07 PM
urinating alot

Yes due to an enlarged uterus pressing on my bladder. I had another problem going on (couldn't empty completely without changing positions which also led to many trips to bathroom) and I know others including myself on the site had to consult a urologist or urogyn prior to the hysterectomy to make sure they didn't need anything else done. It's best to say something long BEFORE surgery rather than wait and find the dr. saying "I wish you had told me this before."
Unread 05-13-2002, 08:36 PM
urinating alot

Hi Rhody,

I too had PCOS, a very tough resistant case at that according to my doctor. I tried evry type of birth control pill and got no relief either. You don't mention if you've had and other surgery for it, I had a couple of laparscopies, just to see what was going on in there. Generally PCOS doesn't effect the uterus, has you doctor checked for ovarian cysts? Ovarian cysts can push on your bladder too. They are the worst symtom of PCOS. All the pains you described are typical of ovarian cysts. PCOS is very painful, but completely different from fibroids and a lot of the uterine problems you read about on this sight.

There are a lot of other ways to treat PCOS before you resort to a hysterectomy. I just had my hysterectomy, I'm almost 37, and my doctor still thought of it as early and looked at it as a last resort. But I had just had 4 large ovarian cysts removed in October and there were 3 more now and 1 and recently ruptured, and my doc and warned us that he thought this was going to happen, so I was ready for it. If you have any other questions let me know. Kathy
Unread 05-14-2002, 04:52 AM
frequently!

I never knew I had a bladder problem until my DR started talking about a Hyst. I have undergone some bladder testing and have one more to go. I thought I urinated frequently because, well....because! Turns out that my bladder is being compressed and also has "dropped". Please discuss this further with you DR. It may save you additional surgeries down the road!
Unread 05-14-2002, 05:08 AM
yep me too

I didn't realise just how often I needed to pee until my doctor asked me - I started by saying 'oh, maybe a few times....uh....well on reflection, about....geez....about every hour of the day and night....

I was a little surprised. You sortof get in the frame of mind to ignore the bleeding obvious so you can cope with it....its a mom thing, I think. You don't have time to look after your own frailities so you just ignore them and hope they will go away!

I wouldn't be surprised if its not an infection, but just part of the the symptomology. Either way, that part can be fixed. I had a repair for that done when I was about 28 years old, and it was really effective for about 17 years. That's not a bad outcome!

Welcome to the forum. I'm a newie too, so we will go through this experience on about the same time-frame.

Three to get ready......
Unread 05-14-2002, 08:51 AM
urinating alot

Hiya Rhody! Welcome.

Frequent urination is definitely a function of my experience with large fibroids - as is back pain, difficulty with tampon insertion and pain during intercourse.

For me at least, the size of my uterus has caused all of my internal organs to be scrunched up in there and that causes all kinds of different symptoms. As the fibroids have grown, the back pain has increased and only last week I noticed revolving symptoms of leg numbness and then pain - guessing, but likely pressure on my sciatic nerve.

Be sure to tell your doc about all of your symptoms - I hesitated to initially for fear of sounding like a whiny-wimp - mistake. S/he needs to know everything that's going on to make an informed diagnosis and treatment plan.

We'll be with you all the way.
Cecee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register