�������� 2.5 weeks post Hysterectomy - recovery not great | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

�������� 2.5 weeks post Hysterectomy - recovery not great �������� 2.5 weeks post Hysterectomy - recovery not great

Unread 08-26-2015, 08:46 AM
�������� 2.5 weeks post Hysterectomy - recovery not great

Hi ladies
I had a LAVH on August 7th, so about 2.5 weeks ago

I had my two week appt last week and ended up with an infection inside! I had been feeling like horrible crap, the infection made it worse!
I'm on antibiotics, Percocet again as the pain is horrible, ambien for sleep as my sleep sucks too!
It's all making me depressed, Im not cleared to drive and have been stuck in the house for weeks! I've no energy!
The pills make me nauseous and loopy, but if I don't take them the pain is horrible!
Not how I thought recovery would be!
I'm so depressed, my mind feels so dark! I just don't feel much better since I came home from the hospital!
Just venting, no one gets how I'm feeling at home! I'm yelling all the time. Single mom, grown kids!
I'm so miserable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2015, 09:14 AM
Re: 😢😢😢😢 Hysterectomy recovery not great

I can only imagine your frustration. I'm a single mom as well, so I I understand some of the stresses that go along with that and the added stress of recovery. Can you ask your doctor for a different pain medication? Explain how it makes you feel. In the meantime. Try and make sure that you are drinking plenty of water and that you are eating. I understand that you are nauseous but you have to keep something on your stomach.

Please hang in there sweetie. It won't always be like this. Venting helps. So you vent here as much as you need to. We got you

Unread 08-26-2015, 10:30 AM

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Try to relax and focus on your recovery and getting better. Stress while 100 percent understandable (and at this point pretty relatable) will only make your symptoms worse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2015, 10:49 AM

The sleep issue around 2 1/2 weeks - ug!! Not for anything, but if you've never taken ambien before- I've had a few friends who've taken it and had bad reactions to it.

I'm sorry this has happened. It seems like we all have unexpected road bumps on the road to healing - 😕

I hope you feel better soon!
❤️ Alisa
Unread 08-26-2015, 11:43 AM

Thank you!!
I'm glad I found this place!!
No one gets it if they haven't been there, you guys get it!
Guess all this laying around too much time to think!
My mom passed 3yrs ago, I'm missing her more then ever! Broke up with my boyfriend 4mths ago, feeling lonely!!
All these weird aches, pains, issues that of course I've never dealt with!
I've no energy, just taking a shower and going about little things make me tired!
I just want to feel human again!
I appreciate your suggestions and advice, I really do!
Day at a time! My emotions are just all over the place!!
Unread 08-26-2015, 02:50 PM
Re: Hysterectomy recovery not great

I'm so sorry you're going through this. You're certainly not alone.

My recovery hasn't been going great either, first noticing a rash in my groin and seeing the dr about that, turned out to be yeast from the antibiotics they pumped me with before and after surgery. Then the dr checked my incision and decided I needed to take MORE antibiotics which despite rubbing myself with an anti fungal ointment 4x a day and taking diflucan made the yeast spread 4" down my legs and all the onto and up past my incision.

Today I finally took the last dose and I am praying I see the tide turn quickly. It's such a large area. I've been avoiding all foods that contain or produce yeast or sugar, swallowing raw garlic like pills. Washing 4x a day, spread eagle on my couch 24/7 trying to make sure I stay dry. My husband has seen things he should never have to see of his wife.

All I do is lay here and feel sorry for myself. I can't see my grandson, I can't sit up to knit. I'm in surgical pain, burning pain, gravity pull type pain. This sucks. Recovery sucks. My stepmom wants me to go on a trip with her to see my sister, all I have to do is sit in the car and enjoy the ride and I can't even do that.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel. There has to be, right? On this day next week it will be better, maybe a little, maybe a lot...hopefully a lot. But better.
Unread 08-26-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHoney View Post
I'm so sorry you're going through this. You're certainly not alone.

My recovery hasn't been going great either, first noticing a rash in my groin and seeing the dr about that, turned out to be yeast from the antibiotics they pumped me with before and after surgery. Then the dr checked my incision and decided I needed to take MORE antibiotics which despite rubbing myself with an anti fungal ointment 4x a day and taking diflucan made the yeast spread 4" down my legs and all the onto and up past my incision.

Today I finally took the last dose and I am praying I see the tide turn quickly. It's such a large area. I've been avoiding all foods that contain or produce yeast or sugar, swallowing raw garlic like pills. Washing 4x a day, spread eagle on my couch 24/7 trying to make sure I stay dry. My husband has seen things he should never have to see of his wife.

All I do is lay here and feel sorry for myself. I can't see my grandson, I can't sit up to knit. I'm in surgical pain, burning pain, gravity pull type pain. This sucks. Recovery sucks. My stepmom wants me to go on a trip with her to see my sister, all I have to do is sit in the car and enjoy the ride and I can't even do that.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel. There has to be, right? On this day next week it will be better, maybe a little, maybe a lot...hopefully a lot. But better.
Oh god you poor thing!!
I hope you get better soon!
I've got that gravity pain, surgery recovery pain, this **** infection, and bowl issues still!

Wish we were like some of the others who and just get back to normal!!
The laying around makes it worse! It's really messing with my head! Beyond recovery!
I'm having my middle aged woman crisis on top of it all!
😢😢😢

Good luck Hun, I hope you feel better! I'm looking at hopefully by this time next week I'll feel better!!
Xoxo
Unread 08-26-2015, 04:57 PM

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, I completely understand where you're coming from. I had a LAVH on July 15th. My 6 week appt was yesterday! And I'm not completely healed, so the doc wants to see me back in two weeks. I still have some spotting and bladder cramps! And no energy! I thought I would be all healed and feel great by now, but I don't and it's very depressing. I guess I'm just a slow healer. You're still pretty early in your recovery so I'm sure you will start feeling better soon! Try not to give up hope and I will do the same!! We will make it through!! Good luck to you
Unread 08-26-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickb View Post
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, I completely understand where you're coming from. I had a LAVH on July 15th. My 6 week appt was yesterday! And I'm not completely healed, so the doc wants to see me back in two weeks. I still have some spotting and bladder cramps! And no energy! I thought I would be all healed and feel great by now, but I don't and it's very depressing. I guess I'm just a slow healer. You're still pretty early in your recovery so I'm sure you will start feeling better soon! Try not to give up hope and I will do the same!! We will make it through!! Good luck to you
Thank you!!!
As my dr said I may only have 3 incisions but it's major surgery and recovery can't be rushed!
I've had some major pain under my belly button (thought they would have done the incision just inside my belly button but they actually cut right down inside my belly button) so the pain and pulling sucks! I'm having pain and pulling inside were my vaginal sutures are!!
I had thought once this is out, I'll feel so much better, I had adnomyosis and total hysterectomy but kept my ovaries!
I hope I heal faster! I know I'm still early in recovery.
Hang in there Hun!!! Xx
Unread 08-26-2015, 05:59 PM

Oh my goodness, I have had pain to left of my belly button! And complete numbness just below where it hurts! Doc said my muscle was injured during surgery and it will heal but it will take awhile. I had and adenomyosis also and significant amount of scar tissue on my bladder, I guess that's why my bladder still isn't happy! I had total hysterectomy and kept my ovaries as well! Have you had night sweats? Oh my, I have them and I will be soaked from head to toe! And cry just about every day and my breasts are sore! Doc thinks my ovaries are in shock so he put me on estrogen for four weeks to see if that helps! I'm sorry we are going through this but it is kinda nice to talk to someone going through the same thing! Take care and feel better!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register