blue moods, crying and anxiety | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

blue moods, crying and anxiety blue moods, crying and anxiety

Unread 05-15-2002, 04:15 PM
blue moods, crying and anxiety

I'm 3 weeks into recovery from an abdominal hysterectomy(ovaries gone) and find myself crying and jumpy all the time. I can't get to sleep and am a little frightened about how my Estraderm patch is working or not working. Is progesterone cream something that could help me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2002, 06:31 PM
blue moods, crying and anxiety

Hi Karen,

I read your post and I remember those days. For the first few weeks after my surgery. I had mood swings that you would not believe. I would cry for no apparent reason and I had insomnia for about a month. I couldn't sleep at night and I didn't sleep during the day. For a while I thought that I was losing my mind. I found out, through this site, that it was pretty common. A lot of this will clear up as your recovery progresses. I started on Premerin the day after my surgery and I still had the mood swings, etc. I'm not sure about the patch you're using. A good place to go for those answers is the hormon jungle. I can assure you that things will get better. I prayed alot and that really helped. This website was a Godsend for me. You will always find sisters who gone through what you are experiencing so stay in touch. Take care and I will pray that you have a speedy and successful recovery.

Cynthia
Unread 05-15-2002, 06:53 PM
Karen

Mate when in doubt call your DR. Even if there is nothing wrong and all is as it should be it is good for peace of mind just to have a chat with him.
# weeks is still real early in your recovery and there are days when things are not good. as time goes on there will come more good days. We all are individual at recovering but I too can remember those bad days. Hang in there mate, you and your body have just been through major surgery and it takes a little while for everything to settle down. Take care Hugs Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register