Whimsy's out of surgery! :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Whimsy's out of surgery! :) Whimsy's out of surgery! :)

Unread 05-15-2002, 03:40 PM
Whimsy's out of surgery! :)

Hi sisters,

My name is Laurie and I'm friends with Whimsy (aka Jodi). I received an email from her hubby letting me know that she came through surgery with flying colours! Everything ended up being done vaginally, which she is very pleased with

I've already spoken with her personally and she sounds great! Her throat is a bit irritated from being intubated. But she sounds WONDERFUL!

I'll post this here and in Pre Op so everyone can have a chance to see how she's doing She maybe able to come home on Friday.

Well just wanted to let you all know how she's doing

Hugs and blessings,

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2002, 03:53 PM

Great News! Thanks for keeping us informed!
Unread 05-15-2002, 04:03 PM
Simply Wonderful!

Laurie your name is perfect because you are a Treasure for sure!!
Great news, tell her to be a good now cuz you'll call the on her!!
Send her my best!

s and s

Janet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2002, 09:57 AM
I'm home!

Thanks Laurie, my dear friend, for posting this... and thanks to the rest of you for the nice well-wishes! Had my surgery Wednesday morning, it did indeed go fantastically, and they sprung me Thursday (yesterday) morning!

I posted a new thread on the pre-op board giving details... let's just say that I hope and pray every LIW will have as great an experience as I've been blessed with! Hardly any pain, a nice, quick, pampered recovery during my hospital stay (and now here at home as well), and I can't tell you how relieved and grateful I was when they told me immediately upon waking in Recovery that they had indeed managed to do the whole procedure with no abdominal incision... I'd really expected that they would have to go in through my belly, but I got lucky and had amazing doctors who managed the whole thing vaginally in spite of my enlargement and retroversion.

I've been pinching myself to make sure this isn't all just a wonderful dream... I have been so fortunate that everything has gone amazingly well, and I feel so great that I keep having to remind myself to take my time, follow orders, and behave myself so I'll heal properly.

Okay, gonna take a little walk around the house now, pour myself some juice, and then take another little nap on the nice comfy couch. Hugs and very best wishes to all my sisters!
Unread 05-19-2002, 04:50 PM
Congrats Jodi!

Hi Jodi!!

Aw Sweetie, I'm so very happy for you that all went well! How wonderful that your doc was able to do everything vaginally!! Yippie!

I know you feel so good now, but PLEASE be a good princess! You need to rest, walk and drink! Last thing you want is a set back in your recovery!! Believe me, you know what I went through and you do NOT want that to happen!!

Well Hun, I'm looking forward to chatting with you again very soon!

Hugs and blessings,

Laurie
Unread 05-20-2002, 09:21 PM

Hiya, Honey!

Don't you worry, my friend... I'm now 5 days post-op, and I'm feeling pretty darned good, considering I just had major surgery... and I have every intension of continuing to feel pretty darned good by taking good care of myself like a good little princess! If there's one thing I've learned from you and all the sweet gals on these boards, it's how special we all are and how much we need and deserve to view this as a very special time in our lives; a time to enjoy and to take it easy and spoil ourselves rotten!

Hope you're doing better and have no more complications, Sweetie! "E" me sometime, 'kay?

Love you lots,
Jodi
Unread 05-21-2002, 05:27 AM

Welcome home!
Glad yo are feeling that weel.
I am 6 days post and also feel wonderful. I also had it vaginally --sooo glad for that!
You take care and rest!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register