Mom's oncologist appt. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mom's oncologist appt. Mom's oncologist appt.

Unread 05-16-2002, 10:01 AM
Mom's oncologist appt.

Hello

Well tomorrow my mom, dad and I are going to meet with the oncologist to talk about moms radical hyster that she had on 4/19/02. I am trying to think of questions to ask can anyone help?

I have read her path report and it is difficult for me to understand. I guess I will ask him to explain what kind of cancer my mom had. My mom said it was in her cervix. Everything has been removed but 2 lymph nodes came back with some bad cells in them. I am sure that she will have to have radiation. I guess I will find it all out tomorrow. I am just worried about what the doc will say.

worry wart i am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2002, 10:30 AM
Mom's oncologist appt.

s

Hopefully after tomorrow the plan of treatment will be clear for your family. It is good that you and your Dad will be there. Right now you all are still in the land of the unknown. That is anxiety producing in itself. I hope you stop back and let us know how it goes. Hug your Mom for us!

karenann
Unread 05-16-2002, 10:37 AM
Mom's oncologist appt.

Thank you for the hugs.

I don't like being in the unknown I guess just be patient and pray for the best. I keep telling myself "she will be fine."

How does everyone here not worry?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2002, 11:34 AM
Mom's oncologist appt.

We do worry! Don't ever think we don't. We all have our own method of dealing with it. Ten years before I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, I had a dear friend diagnosed with breast cancer. From the time of her diagnosis until this day, cancer has consumed her. Been the main focus of her life. And she is basically cured. But she sure has missed out on alot of living. When I was first diagnosed, I grieved for myself for a time. Then I made a conscious decision not to let it consume me. It will always be a part of me, but a minor part. That's not to say it can't flare up big at times. I just finished with a three month check up. On Tuesday I had scans, xrays and blood work done. From Tuesday until this morning, I was certainly my main focus. Living in my own zone. I got good reports this morning so now my life goes on full steam ahead. My little sister calls it compartments. Right now my ovarian cancer is pushed back into the set of drawers. It will always be there, but I never want it to be the biggest part of who I am!!!! Not now or ever. You'll be surprised to see how well your mom manages. We humans are strong creatures. Especially us women!!!

karenann
Unread 05-16-2002, 02:19 PM
Mom's oncologist appt.

Hi there Jettali, when I was first diagnosed with cancer , I wanted to fast forward my life so that I didnt have to wait for my Drs appt. and could get it over and done with. But we have to go through everything , we cant escape . That is a good thing though as it lets us digest and accept everything that is happening.

Karen is so right, we all worry . And cancer does consume your life if you let it. I have days on end ,when that is all I think about . What if it comes back. Then the realization of what I have been through and then I snap out of it until next time . It gets better so I am told. But being patient is so hard.

Once you and your mum have seen the oncologist , you will know what is going to happen re - treatments and can take the next step. It is a step by step thing . Your mum is so lucky to have a dd like you to support her through this.

Best of luck to you mum and let her know she is in our prayers. Please let us know how it all goes and what is decided . Lots of love xx
Unread 05-16-2002, 02:58 PM
Mom's oncologist appt.

I will keep you posted. I just had lunch with her and my dad. My mom sees me and knows that I am worried and tells me to turn that switch off. She is my strength when it comes to worrying she says it does no good. I just have to believe her when she says she will be fine. SHE WILL. She is my mom!

I will let you know what happens tomorrow. I keep thinking of what the Oncologist said when he came out of the surgery"By the naked eye we got it all, if needed we will do radiation." he was so positive about it all. That is how I have to be.

You are right about the step by step idea. One day at a time one step at a time.

Thank you for your prayers and your hugs. Coming here and talking makes me feel better.

Thank you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register