Sex??????????????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex??????????????? Sex???????????????

Unread 05-16-2002, 11:00 AM
Sex???????????????

Did I read another post right? Six weeks without? OMG how in heck am I going to do THAT!?
I hadn't asked my doc about that one!
Denise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2002, 11:12 AM
Sex???????????????

Figure for the first month you won't WANT to....you will most likely be pretty sore! Talk to your doctor about it, but that's the general rule!!!

Karen
Unread 05-16-2002, 11:13 AM
Sex???????????????

That seems to be the common length of time to wait for intercourse, of course there are other methods without penetration. Some ladies have reported that they weren't healed enough at 6 weeks for the go ahead from the DR, others have said their DR cleared them earlier.

Everyone is different so check with your own Dr and follow his/her instructions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2002, 11:17 AM
Sex???????????????

Hi, Denise,

Yes, most docs won't allow anything at all inside the vagina for at least six weeks after a hysterectomy. That's because you have many tiny internal stitches, and a great deal of healing must take place, before it's safe to disturb the internal work done by your doctor.

Now, it's time to be creative. There are pleasant, intimate activities that you and your partner can enjoy which do not involve placing anything inside your vagina. Hugging, kissing, and cuddling are a few of those activities. You may be able to think ot others.

Women who risk defying this important doctor's order risk infection, bleeding, and other undesirable, and potentially serious, complications.

The good news, for women who experienced pain and/or bleeding when they had sex before their hyst, is that they may never have those problems with sex again, after their doctor gives the OK to have sex again.

Best wishes,
Helen
Unread 05-16-2002, 01:45 PM
Sex,,,

Hubby and I have been married for 15 years. The 6 week rule SOUNDS terrible but we are choosing to use it to our advantage. We are going to "court" each other again! Cuddles, snuggles and kisses. Making love will be well worth the wait if we get to a point where I don't have to whipser quietly to him "Remember to be careful". Pain in the heat of the moment kinda kills the passion! I am looking forward to dating my guy again. And YES! I will be wined and dined when we get the go ahead!
Unread 05-16-2002, 02:05 PM
Sex???????????????

The benefits do outweigh the thought of causing more damage. I think I was just in a bit of shock.

Now just how am I going to tell the BF? LOL Excuse me Darlin.....can you hold that thought? Och well, I'm sure this is a great test of our creativity.

We've been dating for almost 8 months, hopefully we'll get a green light about the time we hit that 1 year mark!

Blessings
Denise
Unread 05-16-2002, 03:09 PM
Sex???????????????

My doc didn't say no sex, just nothing in the vagina. Which leaves all sorts of other activities open. I specifically asked if external stuff was OK, and she said sure. But different docs have different answers, so you might want to check with your doc.

Melissa
Unread 05-16-2002, 03:21 PM
Sex???????????????

When I ask my doctor about how soon we could have sex he said that we could do anything we wanted as long as nothing went inside the vagina for 6 weeks, and I didn't even have a vaginal incision or my cervix removed. It has all to do with the healing that takes palce inside.

We have the date circled in red on our calendar. I think it takes a little time anyway, we were doing the "making out" deal from when we were dating last night and I don't know if it was how I was laying on the bed or what but I started to get a little crampy feeling so I guess it's best not to rush into things! Oh well, I guess I'd never have made it as a nun. Kathy
Unread 05-16-2002, 05:21 PM
Sex???????????????

KarenL, I can guarantee you that I will be in my room after surgery and be looking at my hubby and ask him if he wants to fool around. LOLOL I can't go six *minutes * without thinking about sex usually, six weeks is going to make me VERY hard to live with.

DH says i should start auditioning spare husbands now, so he can have a stand in when I wear him out. ROFLMAO

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register