TV Commercial Poll | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TV Commercial Poll TV Commercial Poll

Unread 05-16-2002, 12:19 PM
TV Commercial Poll

Now I know for sure it is time for me to go back to work when I start talking about TV commercials, an obvious sign I have been watching too much. However, I think we all could use a good laugh now and then, so here goes.....

What do you think is the stupidest or funniest commercial you have seen during your recovery?

My personal favorite for the stupidest has to be the one for Geico Ins. I will never buy insurance from them just because of this commercial. It is the one with the woman in one shoe running down the road with a "My child is an honor roll student" bumper sticker slapped across her butt and an air horn in her hand because her car is not available (just what happened to it???). Her child won't acknowledge that it is her mother coming to pick her up from school. Smart kid.

The funniest has to be a Sears appliance sale commercial. Man comes into kitchen where woman is reading newspaper. Man goes to fridge, grabs carton of milk, and proceeds to drink out of it. The milk has gone sour, and woman calmly announces fridge is broken with a sly smile. You just know that she hates the man drinking out of the carton and did this on purpose. Bet he never does it again.

A close tie for funniest is the Bud Light beer one where men break into neighbor's apartment through the fridge to steal the beer. Woman opens fridge just as man sticks his head through hole. She runs screaming from the room. When her husband goes to see what she is screaming about, he finds empty fridge and screams himself. I hurt myself laughing at that one the first time I saw it just after surgery just because I could picture one of my brothers setting me up for something like that.

Just my opinions and way too much free time. Feel free to add your thoughts or just get a chuckle out of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2002, 12:34 PM
TV Commercial Poll

I love the Staples commercial that runs at the beginning of each new school year. You know the one, with the father pushing the cart and kicking up his heels while his two children stand there with such sad faces. The song in the background is "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year". It's one of my favorites.

This is a great idea for a thread.
Unread 05-16-2002, 12:38 PM
TV Commercial Poll

I think the Budget rent-a-car commercial are so funny.

The one with the moving guys is the funniest. The commercial is playing 70's disco music Shame in the background and has about five guy in short shorts and disco shirts and on roller skates dancing and spinning around. You have to look at each one of them each time you watch this they all doing something different.

The music and the roller skates brings back memories of high school and going skating on friday nite LOL

Jocelin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2002, 03:01 PM
TV Commercial Poll

I'm not even sure what product this one advertises - maybe ziploc containers?

But the man is sitting at the kitchen table reading or something, and the woman is talking a mile a minute about something that's obviously very important to her - she just goes on and on - then she leaves the room, and as she's leaving the door slams or something, and the man looks up and says "Come in?" You know he's just missed not only the entire conversation, but the fact that she was there at all.

The reason I like that one so much is that it's an exact picture of what goes on at my house - my husband tunes me (and the kids) out so often that he misses so much conversation and information. He's started looking up blankly about 10 minutes into a conversation and saying "Come in?"

Wish I could remember what the product was.
Unread 05-17-2002, 09:18 PM
TV Commercial Poll

I agree about the Geico commercials. *ugh*

My fave was the volkswagen commercial where the guys are on the ground looking up into a tree and one guy says to the other, "I told you, go EASY on the clutch!" - I hurt myself over that one.

Oh, there are so many that are notable, in a good or a stupid way... I'll have to write them down next time I see them, 'cos I sure can't remember any of them now.
Unread 05-18-2002, 06:11 PM
TV Commercial Poll

I agree with the Geico ad, also the one with the guy going through the car wash without his car. But the woman is way more irritating! I do like the one with the squirrel running across the road and causing an accident!

Have you started watching Martha Stewart and thinking of her as a friend? That's when I knew I was watching too much tv.

And soap operas, I haven't watched "Days" for years, a couple of weeks ago it came on, I watched it, got caught up within 2 days, and now it's like I never stopped watching.
Unread 05-18-2002, 11:25 PM
Funny Commercial

There's a commercial here where a guy chats up, obviously in an annoying manner a gal sitting on a bench, even taking out a cookie she has in a bag near her and eating it in a "sexy", but than we see it's a bag of dog bisquits...

Believe it or not, it's not a ad for the bisquits, but for the fashion label she's wearing!
Unread 05-27-2002, 10:57 AM
Dell

My favorite one is the Dell commercial. The young man is in a convertible with a young lady, it appears that they are at a car lot. Anyway, the young man is talking to a grown-up outside of the car about a Dell Computer. As an afterthought, the grown-up says "Say isn't this your folk's car?" And the young man is trying to roll his eyes discreetly from the young girl and mutters "noooo". Unfortunately, I can relate.

I also like the one with the guy who drinks the sour milk.
Unread 05-27-2002, 11:49 AM
TV Commercial Poll

Have you seen the new Greyhound Bus commercial? It's the one with the greyhound (dog) speaking.

It's so cute & my favorite right now.

Sister Katie
Unread 05-27-2002, 12:25 PM
TV Commercial Poll

Mine is there is this cookie sandwich with a face -eyes-- and on this bus of people and this little kid is sitting on his mommys lap and then the kid finally bites the cookie and the cookie says Hey HE BIT ME,,,LOL

Bobbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register